Michael Downey Photography Message Board › Empire State Building

Empire State Building

Michael D.
Group Organizer
Somerville, NJ
Alright Shutterbugs, here we go,

We will meet in the Lobby of the 5th Ave. entrance.  Please be there promptly at 11:00am., tomorrow, Saturday, January 26, 2013.  That’s where I will give you you’re ticket to go up to the 86th floor.  Once we are at the top I will hold a small class in the East Viewing Gallery inside the Observation Level.

Keep in mind that we will have to go through airport type security.  Please leave any type of weapon, mace, pocket knife or scissors at home.  You will not be allowed to bring bottles, or cans or flasks. No tripods, table-top stands or monopods are allowed either.

Please dress warmly.  While there is indoor viewing space the best images are captured from outside.  The temperature outside at the top of the Empire State Building may be significantly colder than ground level.

I’m looking forward to this excursion.  The weather is perfect for this type of photography.

Here’s your check list:

Camera

Wide angle lens, 10mm-35mm for the grand view shots.

Normal or telephoto if there are things you want to isolate.

Spare, charged battery since the cold could deplete your battery’s efficiency.

Polarizing filter

Graduated Neutral Density filter

I recommend you carry these items on you rather than bring a big camera bag. This way you pass through security faster and travel lighter.

My number is 908.938.7584, put it in your mobile phone now.  Call me if there is a problem.  I look forward to seeing you there.

Just keep clickin’,

Michael