MADspace Message Board › Scrum @ School

Scrum @ School

Wilbert
user 73800482
Eindhoven, NL
Post #: 2
Hi,

I've been interested in using Scrum as a framework for collaboration at the middle school where I work, since the first meeting of ASC Eindhoven I attended. I planned a visit to a school that used a version of Scrum they call eduScrum, that they adapted for educational purposes. This week I learned that they no longer accepted visitors. That led me to do some research into their version of Scrum. One of the things I learned was that they never gave their students the role of product owner. That immediately made me think that we would have to adapt Scrum on our own.

So... I convinced my colleagues to try out Scrum in the last project this year. None of us have any experience with Scrum, but we're going to give it a try, and we're starting next monday. Any and all tips are very much appreciated! Wish me luck!

Regards,

Wilbert

P.S. In a recent madspace meetup survey I said I didn't know what agile meant. I think I'm beginning to understand...