NEW YEAR 2014 Trip
Date: 1st Jan 2014 to 3rd Jan 2014 (2 nights / 3 days)
Fee: 250 AED per Person (Hike Guide and tour Guide)
Trip theme: Mountain Hike/ visit local villages / Camping
Transportation: RSVP ( Click here to check availability)
Note: Those who like to stay till Saturday 4th Jan can as well join 2nd Jan 14 - Oman Villages Adventure Trip ( Click here).
@7.30 to meet at the Mirdif Petrol station (the one with MacDonald’s)
@7.45am EARLY MORNING start with a long drive to Al Rustaq village in Al Dakhliyah region Oman. The drive is about 6 hours with a number of stops, at the last stop we will have a quick lunch from the fast food cafeterias next to petrol station ( DXB to Al Ain 1.30min,Al Ain Boarders 30min, Al Ain to Rustaq 3.30, wadi drive 1.30min)
As we reach Al Rustaq village we will start the off-road drive heading to our destination, A Village located on a cliff at an altitude of 1250m. Get ready and set for a for the 3-4hrs hike toward the mountain peak to be there by sunset, there is an Abandoned house were we will spend the night in. there are no facilities provided in the house, the house is just a place to spend the night in to protect us from the winds and cold weather.
We will carry with us the necessary stuff and Basic food only for the hike, everyone will carry his/her own thing to the mountain house. ( water/sleeping bag/ mat/can food or snacks). I`ll bring a small Stove and small jug to heat the water.
Next Morning from the peak we will watch the Sunrise surrounded with quietness as never been And then have breakfast.
After the breakfast to hike down the mountain to end at the village that we started from, to have lunch.
Then to drive down to the valley were we will meet other group who will join us.
Start the villages` discovery adventure; start with a nice drive by mountain trails to reach the top and end at small village.
After the village we will search for a camp site to spend the night.
NOTE: ONLY those who are interested and joining to do the hike can leave at the time we meet the other group in the afternoon.
Wake up for breakfast after a nice sleep under the shining stars.
Next morning to start our adventure by visiting another village, as we reach we will do a small walk through the village and then a short hike.
After that we will drive toward North Hajar Mountains driving through valleys and mountains. The landscape will take away all your tension.
Stop at the mini sank valley to see it and do a nice walk.
Trip Ends. As we are close to the main road those who need to head back to Dubai can leave from here.
The rest of the group who are confirmed and attending trip 2nd Jan 2014 - Adventure Trip to continue with us.
Trip fee Includes:
- A local Oman Hike Guide
- Lunch in the village in Second day, 2nd Jan.
Things to Get
- camping gear ( first night only sleeping bag and small mat for comfortable sleep on floor/ second day normal camping need gear)
- Food for; Breakfast for 2nd & 3rd day, Lunch for 3rd day, Dinner for 1st & 2nd night.( Please make sure 1st night dinner and 2nd day breakfast, to be light as you will be carrying it on your back
- Insects repellent
- Jacket as it will be cold ( Expect 10C )
- Suitable shoes to hike
- Small Torch
Visa Requirements and cost:
- Those with UAE residence Visa with professional designation ( any Managerial position , Engineers, teachers, Account manager, salaes manager, pharmacist, etc)
- Visa Cost: UAE Exit 35aed / Oman Visa 50 AED
- Second day Lunch in the village, its going to be a local oman food.
Things to know:
- It’s a rough terrain 4x4 Vehicle can do this train and Some types SUV`s that is fair high
- No need for currency exchange, UAE currency is accepted every were in Oman ( 10 AED = 1 OMR).
- It will be cold especially at the first day as we will be at height of 2500m.
- The mountain house can take 10 people so this trip is limited.
Option 1; Cash deposit or Bank transfer to HSBC bank Or NBD through the Deposit Machines or branches. ( As i receive your RSVP and Email requesting to join)
Option 2; Paypal payment ( Paypal charges will be added to the invoice)
Please note to reserve a place confirmation is via completion of payment. trip is refunded on cancelling 10 days prior to event date.
For further details please contact Most Adventures Group (MAG):
Mahdi Abu Ghazaleh