Mathematics Academy Math Club - New York City Message Board › Math Teachers, Knewton Needs You

Math Teachers, Knewton Needs You

Chris R.
user 14256086
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Hello members of the Math Academy group,

My name is Chris Rodriguez, writing to you from Knewton.

I’m reaching out because given your involvement in the meetup, I think you would have some interest in what we’re working on.

Knewton is currently building an adaptive learning product that will be released in Summer 2014. We're very interested in finding math teachers who are also content creators (math questions, problem sets, quizzes, lesson plans, etc).

Please read below for more information on our product development and our Beta program.

If you think this is a fit for you, or your family / friends / peers, please contact me directly at chrisr@knewton.com and we can discuss further.

Or if you want to just get started, feel free to sign up here - http://knewt.ly/16kLN...­.

Thanks again, and hope to hear from you soon!

Chris Rodriguez
Marketing Manager, Knewton
chrisr@knewton.com
Twitter: @Knewton

-----------------------

What Is The Knewton "Beta Program"?

Knewton is currently developing our own free open-source adaptive learning product; this is a new endeavor for us, since previously we have focused on providing adaptivity to partner products (example: Pearson MyLab). Once completed, this product will allow anyone to create his/her own personalized, adaptive course for free - the user would be able to control every aspect, from creating goals (example: "Master Trigonometry in 7 weeks") to creating a Common-Core-compliant course for any subject.

Like any product development, we are working in phases - and the primary focus for the foreseeable future is math, specifically making sure that math teachers find value in our product. Examples of how math teachers would use Knewton include:

(a) personalizing, at scale: creating personal experiences for your students, including homework assignments, lesson plans, and test prep
(b) saving time: assigning and grading personalized homework assignments and quizzes, focusing on students' weaknesses
(c) data analytics: digital assessments for student goals and concepts - general "readiness", active time spent, expected test score

We are looking for math teachers who create their own content - questions, problem sets, lesson plans, quizzes, etc. These participating teachers will be testing our product during its early phases, including everything from uploading content to testing features and screen-by-screen "user experiences". We both have the same goal - to ensure that the end product is very simple and very helpful for teachers and their students.