Let's take time out of our busy lives and spend a morning fighting hunger in Metro Detroit with Forgotten Harvest.
Where: Forgotten Harvest, 21800 Greenfield Road, Oak Park, MI 48237
Group 1: Time:9:45 AM - 01:00 PM.
What: Warehouse Re-Pack
Volunteers will re-pack nutritious food into family size portions destined for the table of those in need. Volunteers will also help with clean-up of work area.
- If parking lot is full, park in Advance Lot South of building.
- DO NOT WEAR JEWELRY or you will not be permitted to volunteer.
- Leave all personal items in trunk of your vehicle
- You must wear CLOSE-TOED SHOES or you will not be allowed to volunteer. No exceptions.
- Bring sweater or jacket, as warehouse gets chilly.
- No gum chewing or beverages allowed in work area.
Some people have expressed interest in bringing along minor children. Minor children are indeed acceptable as volunteers if they are ten (10) years old or older. However up through the age of 18 they must be accompanied by an adult that will be responsible for them and work alongside them.
Forgotten Harvest was established in 1990 to fight hunger and waste. Their mission is to relieve hunger in the Detroit metropolitan community by rescuing prepared and perishable food and donating it to emergency food providers. Last year they rescued 9.5 million pounds of food and redistributed to emergency food providers in Metro Detroit.