This is my 3rd Zoo-De-Mack event for MAC!!
You must pay the registration fee for yourself from Zoo-De-Mack website!!
Registration $55 through May 4th, $70 thereafter.
The fee includes a round-trip ferry ticket, $23 worth and can be used later days.
The MAC event fee only covers accommodation and shuttle fee going back to Boyne form Mackinaw for driver(s).
We are going to stay cabins in Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground for both Friday and Saturday night.
I decided to stay at the same place for both nights this year.
It is far from Boyne, but we don’t have to worry about our luggage and such.
You could stop by Boyne Highland to enjoy Zoo-De-Mack kick-off party. But, the campground is 1 hour drive way. Please leave there by 11PM and arrive the campground by midnight latest.
- Small fridge
- Bank beds
- Table & chair (You may bring a small folding chair)
- WiFi Access
- Public restrooms, shower, playground, store and swimming pool are also available
Things to bring
- Your bike (Make sure your bike can fit on the bike rack)
- Bedding (sleeping bag, pillow, etc.)
- Earplugs (maybe more important than your bike)
- Food (optional...don't forget electrolyte drinks and granola bars... although there will be food stops along the way)
- Appropriate biking clothes (padded shorts (nice but not mandatory!), jerseys, additional layers depending on the weather, etc)
- Swimsuits (optional)
No potluck for this event. Come light and carpool with others.
Event Overall Plan
- Arrive the campsite (try to get there by midnight)
- Zoo-De-Mack Friday kick-off party at Zoo Bar, Boyne Highland (optional)
- Choose cabin and bed on first-comes-first-served basis
(organizers may overrule your decision if needed)
- Socialize and discuss the Saturday bike ride and carpooling
- Go to the bed by the midnight or I will kick you out!!
- Wake up by 7am and prepare for the ride
- Leave for Boyne by 9am latest
- Finish registration and start riding by 11am
- Finish the ride by 4pm
- Have dinner and drink in Mackinaw City or Mackinac Island depending on your preference
- Leave the campsite by 11am
- (Optional) Go to Mackinac Island (more riding if you want!)