addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
shikha
user 8029713
Farmington, MI
Post #: 6
Hi Everyone Diwali is on Nov 10 (sat). We celebrated it last year as part of meet up and it was super fun. This time too we plan to do the same , but there is no venue. If you guys are interested in celebration , then please give idea about places. If anybody has space to accommodate 20 ppl then we can have it there and may be do potluck. Lets start brainstorming.
shikha
user 8029713
Farmington, MI
Post #: 7
I am up for it.
Angela
UberLiciousArt
Merrill, MI
Post #: 11
I am so pleased you are starting dialogue early! I have not yet been able to attend any functions as I am about 2 hours from most of the group.
Diwali is such a special time and I so hope to attend this year! :)

Some clubhouses at apartment complexes do not even charge for residents.
I love the idea of potluck! It is much more comfortable & personal when we can mingle around.
I will be anxious to know what you come up with! :)
Namaste...........

Angela
Rakhee
user 7375073
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 2
Thats a great idea! We would love to join in on the celebrations. I'll lookout for a venue.
shikha
user 8029713
Farmington, MI
Post #: 8
Since Diwali is on nov 13. I am looking for volunteer who is willing to host party at their house We won't go more than 25 folks and it will be potluck. Also folks attending the event will clean the place after party is over. Anyone willing to host ??
A former member
Post #: 2
I (+2) would be definitely interested. Probably, you can get a count by seeing how many people rsvp once you create an event.
Andrew
thirdreel
Group Organizer
White Lake, MI
Post #: 72
I was just wondering if anyone had offered a place. We could do a clubhouse thing. If there's a charge for using the clubhouse, we could chip in--a meetup can be scheduled with a PayPal link so that you chip in when you RSVP. I think last year we had about ten adults and a handful of children.

I'd also been looking at larger organized events that we could meet at with a group of us. There are two different events in Troy on November 10 (tickets $15 or $25) and one in Canton on November 16 (suggested donation $2.) If anyone's planning to go to these, I'd like to go too. We can do this whether or not we have a house party for just meetup members.

Found them here: http://www.miindia.co...­
Angela
UberLiciousArt
Merrill, MI
Post #: 13
Hello everyone! :)
I just wondered if you were planning to have it on Nov. 13 because it is on a Tuesday... or if you were thinking the Sunday before to possibly make it easier for families than a week day. I do not mind either day as I do not have children.
I only hope we can find a venue & decide the date soon! :)
Namaste..........
Pamela
user 48558772
Ferndale, MI
Post #: 1
I would love to celebrate Diwali! I just called Royal Indian Cuisine on Rochester Road, and on November 11 they are having a Diwali Buffet from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. The person who answered wasn't sure how much it would cost, but she estimated it'd be around $15.00. Would that be an option anyone would consider?
Pratima D.
user 12991422
Warren, MI
Post #: 1
I would love to celebrate Diwali! I just called Royal Indian Cuisine on Rochester Road, and on November 11 they are having a Diwali Buffet from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. The person who answered wasn't sure how much it would cost, but she estimated it'd be around $15.00. Would that be an option anyone would consider?
That sounds like a good idea!!