addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Michigan Indian Social Group Message Board › Holiday potluck

Holiday potluck

A former member
Post #: 3
Hi all,
Wondering if anybody would be interested to have a holiday potluck- may be Dec 22nd or some other day if people can suggest. I havent had a chance to meet anybody from the group but would really like to meet some. We can block a apartment community hall ( I guess its no charge)- let me know what you think!
A former member
Post #: 13
Hi sandy. That's a great idea. I think most of the apartments charge rent, so best bet will be to meet at someone"d house or apartment.
A former member
Post #: 8
I support the idea. If number of members increase, renting a place is not a bad thought. We could easily make arrangements for members to commit small amount up front. In my opinion no dates works for everyone, so best is to propose the date and go for it.
Thanks
Andrew
thirdreel
White Lake, MI
Post #: 78
I'll be out of town from December 20 to probably the new year, so doesn't work for me. I'd be happy to set the group up for payments to RSVP--that way everyone who RSVPs could chip in to pay for a place. I have a feeling the payment might help with numbers, because people are more likely to follow through with a "yes" RSVP if they've already sunk some money into it.
A former member
Post #: 14
Dec 23 will work considering next two days are holidays.
A former member
Post #: 4
Ok.lets plan for 23rd then. I will check with my appt tomorrow. Meanwhile if anybody else can check too, that will be great. I can host for 10-12 ppl, but may be that's a small #. What do u guys think will work best- dinner or lunch potluck?
A former member
Post #: 16
Hi Sandy. Either would be fine. My apartment charges minimum of 500. I can check with farmington and canton libraries tomorrow and let you. Thank you for taking this initiative. We need more members like you.
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Sikha,
Any luck with the libraries? My Apt doesnt rent theirs. What we can do is also look for dates like Jan 5th/6th because we may not get any place on the peak of the holidays which is Dec 23rd
A former member
Post #: 18
Hi Sandy, I have left voice mails to couple of libraries and waiting for their response. I am not available in jan, but feel free to try if you can get something that time. Ill let you know if I hear anything from libraries
A former member
Post #: 19
Heard from libraries and unfortunately none of them give their rooms for celebration.