add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

MIMEwalk - MIndful and MEditative WALKs Message Board › Chi Walking workshop in early 2014 ... would you be interested?

Chi Walking workshop in early 2014 ... would you be interested?

Leslie G.
user 11131349
Group Organizer
Raleigh, NC
Hi everyone:
During 2014, I am hoping to run several walks that focus on Chi Walking ... where one's form is an important component of the walk (and affects one's energy (chi)).  I have read the book "Chi Walking" (follow the link to look inside this book at - see Table of Contents) by Danny & Katherine Dreyer, and have taken a workshop offered by Chi Walking certified instructor Beth Elder who lives in Chapel Hill, NC.  But, before I start on these walks ...
I would like for Beth Elder to run a workshop for our group in early 2014, if there's enough interest in learning how to focus on form - both to help with body motion and chi energy!  At this time I'm checking for interest.  We'd need a minimum of 10 interested people, and the maximum would be capped at 15.  We'd run it as a 3-hour workshop and the cost per person would be ~ $50 (paid in advance, no refunds).  Most likely we would use the trails at the NC Museum of Art for this event.
I will be conducting a poll to check on interest (not yet a commitment, but a sincere intention) to see if I should continue my conversations with Beth Elder.  Please respond to the poll so that I can (hopefully!) move forward with coordinating this workshop.
Thanks!  Leslie Gernon