Mid Island Pilots' Club Message Board › Where to put my plane?

Where to put my plane?

Brett W.
user 34129522
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 23
Greeting-

It looks like sometime in June or July I will lose the hanger I have been renting at 49N (Lufker). I am looking for a new place to park my Falcon XP-B. So I am looking for suggestions. I would prefer in a hanger, but I am not sure if I can find another in the $200 or less range. $200 is what I am paying at Lufker.

I prefer to move west, not east as I live in Brooklyn. The plane is a 18 foot long 36 foot wingspan pusher high wing canard.

So far I am considering a tie down either at HWV or ISP, both of which are closer to home. If anyone has any other suggestions I am all ears. I wish I had been able to make it to Bayport for the picnic. Does anyone know of any space at Bayport?

-Brett
Teddy J. R.
user 10638943
Ronkonkoma, NY
Post #: 1
Hello Brett, just wondering how you made out in your search for a hangar. The manager at the Islip town (South) side of Bayport quoted $50/month for tie-down space on grass. If I could find a hangar for a reasonable fee, I could add rag-wings to my list of choices. Scott out at HWV mentioned that Brookhaven town has tie-downs on pavement for ~$85/month.