Who is this event for? EVERYONE! Developers, Designers, Librarians, Statisticians and Residents who Love Data!
If you have an idea for using open data, want to fina an interesting project to contribute towards, learn about how to visualize or analyze data or simply want to see what's happening, then definitely come participate! No matter your skillset or interests, we are encouraging organizers to foster opportunities for you to learn and help the global open data community grow.
-Meet and Greet (10am) -Toss out ideas for data scraping, transformation or map/app/visual creation (10:30am) -Assemble teams and begin (11am) -Presentation of progress (3pm)
What to Expect
A lot will be going on. So... expect to:
- Learn more about open data.
- Find out how your local and national government could do more to release open data.
- Engage local non-profits and companies in the uses of open data for the products and missions
- Meet & network with tons of cool people in your city and around the world.
- Voice your opinion & share your ideas with the people and media attending.
- Find out about apps being created, and get to play around with them as well.
- Help out with parts of the conceptualization, creation, design, advertisement and testing of apps.
- Conduct an open tutorial sessions around using open data,like learning how to customize google maps to show the data you want to show.
- Have lots and lots of fun.
What to Bring
Anything! Bring your laptops, mobile phones, phasers set to stun, etc. but above all, your energy and your brains! We’re trying to make this event very hands on, so feel free to bring all your wacky geektronics so that you can participate in all the fun. Don't worry if you don’t bring anything since there will still be tons of stuff to do.
The App Idea Wiki: http://wiki.opendataday.org/2013/App_Ideas
The Data Set Wiki: http://wiki.opendataday.org/2013/Data