MN Bully Lovers Message Board MN Bully Lovers › Dog sitting exchange

Dog sitting exchange

Elizabeth
user 11912653
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 2
Hello,

My name is Libby and my dog, Tucker, is a 4-year-old bullmastiff (on the smaller side). Ever since I've had him it has been a struggle to find care for him while we are away on vacation. We used to trade care with friends of the family when we had a golden retriever, but they have a goldendoodle and while we watch their dog on occasion now, our family does not feel comfortable leaving Tucker with someone not experienced with bully breeds. He gets along famously with my sister's pit bull mix, but as they live in Oklahoma that does us little good. The only other option for us is professional services, which get expensive fast.

Anyway, the point of this is that we are wondering if there were anyone else looking for a dog care exchange relationship. We have a large completely fenced in back yard and plenty of people to look after the pets. We do have 2 cats, but they can be closed off to the basement and completely separated from the dog if that is a problem.

If anyone is interested please respond to this post or drop me a line.

Thanks so much,
Libby
A former member
Post #: 17
Hi! I would be very interested in doing this! I would be happy to watch Tucker, if he gets along with my dog, Edison. I have a special needs pit mix, and my parents are the only people who can watch him while I'm away. He can't go to a kennel, so this might be a perfect fit. I'll e mail you and maybe we can set up a time for our dogs to meet.
Great idea - thanks for posting!
:) Jessica
Ashley
user 8450792
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Hey there! We would totally be down for this! We have a year and a half old American Bulldog and a boxer who just turned one. We've used a pet sitter twice this year and especially with two larger dogs it is so expensive! My parents won't watch them (my dad is obsessed with his hardwood floors and well, dogs have claws!) So this would be great. We are in Minneapolis for right now but are looking for a new home that will definitely have a fenced yard. Right now, we take trips to the dog park. They are ok with cats, just want to play at times. Our only concern would be if they are ok with kids, mainly babies. We had our first June 29th and though our pups could care less, its not always the case with others. Just let me know as this would be a great resource.
A former member
Post #: 18
Great! Should we all try to meet somewhere? Dog park? I'm also in Minneapolis, but could meet anywhere.
Elizabeth
user 11912653
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 3
Thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately, Tucker gets super excited around kids and doesn't have a lot of experience with them, so I would be nervous for him to be around a baby.

Either way, I am up for meeting and seeing how our dogs get along. I live down in Burnsville, but I am also up for anywhere. A dog park would work. Any ideas on where?
A former member
Post #: 19
There's a great park - Alimagnet. I'll send you my contact info and maybe we can meet there. :)
Ashley
user 8450792
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
Both our dogs are the same way, the loooove the neighbors toddlers but the baby they could care less about. I would still be willing to meet just to see and if anything the dogs get a fun playdate out of it. Where is Alimagnet? I have never heard of that one. Just let me know either way. Thanks!