Post #: 53
~ IMPORTANT - MUST READ INFO FOR ALL MEMBERS ~MN Bully Lovers Membership Guidelines
MN Bully Lovers was created to bring together local bully-breed owners and enthusiasts. As such, we have established a few guidelines to protect our dog's interests and keep our group running smoothly:
- For the protection of all pets, some events may require proof of vaccination before a dog is allowed to participate. If proof of vaccination is required and not provided, the dog will NOT be allowed to participate in the event.
- Dogs in heat may not attend group events. For un-altered dogs, please use your best judgement of your dog's behavior when attending an event to prevent aggressive situations.
- We understand that all dogs play rough, however, any dog that seriously injures another dog or person will immediately be removed from the group.
- Dogs attending public or private events are expected to be comfortable around unfamiliar dogs. If your dog cannot handle the stress, please do not attend the meetup. For instance, a dog park is not the place to socialize your pet for the first time, however, a dog who has demonstrated the ability to interact well with groups of dogs would probably do very well at a dog park event. We will have several "orientation" events throughout the year where you can bring your dog for evaluation before joining a particular playgroup.
- In the same line of thinking as the above two bullets, excessive rough play or agressive behavior will be subject to the 3 strikes rule. If your dog is unable to demonstrate acceptable behavior during events or playgroups on three separate occassions, you will be removed from the group. You will be allowed to rejoin the group only after providing proof that your dog has completed training to remedy the issue.
- Some meetups will have a limitted number of RSVP spots. The 3 strike rule will also apply to no-show "Yes" RSVPs for events with limitted attendance slots. If you are a no-show for an event with an RSVP limit on three separate occassions, you will be removed from the group. As such, please keep your RSVPs up to date.
Last updated: 12/28/08
Edited by User 3,501,843 on Dec 28, 2008 12:38 AM
Post #: 54
Discussion Board Etiquette & Mailing List Rules
The discussion boards are an open forum for our members. As such, please be respectful and courteous in your posts.
Anyone posting inappropriate material to the discussion board will be removed from the group. This includes spamming, flaming, or repeated abuse of the forums. Posts including poor or tasteless language will be deleted.
Please post items in the correct forum. This board is moderated by the organizer, who can move, remove, or edit posts as seen fit. If you see a problem post, please report it to the Organizer via the Email Me link on the left side of the page.
Members with a dog-based business may promote their business under the appropriate discussion board thread. Breeders wishing to advertise their business MUST be licensed in the state of Minnesota. All businesses are limitted to ONE new discussion thread per month advertising their business. Please contact the organizer for specific questions in regard to promoting a business.
All mailing list messages must be approved by the organizer prior to sending. No advertising is allowed via the mailing list, however, businesses may pay a small fee to place an ad or logo in our monthly e-newsletter. Please contact the organizer for specific details.
When posting on the MN Bully Lovers boards, please include the source/author and a link to original (if known).
Edited by User 3,501,843 on Dec 28, 2008 12:41 AM
Post #: 55
Permission to Repost
Hope you dont mind, but I would like to post this on my other boards and pass it on for those members who might find this information useful.
Feel free to share ... Please post items in their entirety, include a link back to the original, and give proper credit for the post.
"Reposted with permission from Jen (MN Bully Lovers
Please extend the same courtesy to other MN Bully Lovers members, and ask their permission before reposting. Plagiarism is frowned upon.
Edited by User 3,501,843 on Nov 18, 2008 10:09 PM
Post #: 56
~ ALL POSTS ON the MN Bully Lovers WEBSITE ARE FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY. ~
MN Bully Lovers does not have independent verification of the information set forth on this site. We strongly urge you to consult your own veterinarian with regard to any specific questions. MN Bully Lovers does not endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or other materials contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the companies linked to from this website, nor the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of the information contained herein. You hereby acknowledge, as a member of MN Bully Lovers, that any reliance upon information from the MN Bully Lovers website shall be at your sole risk. MN Bully Lovers reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to remove, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omissions in any portion of the information posted on the MN Bully Lovers website. MN Bully Lovers is not responsible for any delays, errors or omissions in the resources or information available on this website.
Sections of our Group Guidelines reposted with permission from Pamela (The D.O.G. House
Edited by User 3,501,843 on Apr 5, 2010 3:56 PM