addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

MOVIE BUFFERS Message Board › 50% OFF ticket prices to the Big Easy International Film Festival

50% OFF ticket prices to the Big Easy International Film Festival

A former member
Post #: 24
Mention that you are a member of the Movie-Buffers Meetup Group at the Festival Box Office during the festival and receive 50% off your ticket price for films screening at this year's Big Easy International Film Festival (so you can see movies at the Theatres at Canal Place for only $5 each)!

THE BIG EASY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
FRIDAY, DEC. 10th - THURSDAY, DEC. 16th
CHECK OUT the films at the 4th Annual Big Easy International Film Festival. Louisiana's 2nd largest film festival will screen 9 feature length and 31 short films during the week long event at the Theatres at Canal Place (333 Canal St.). Starting Friday, December 10th and ending Thursday, December 16th, the festival will feature films from around the world, including New Zealand, Australia, the U.K., Canada, South Korea, and Hungary. Also, with many films from the USA, including 9 from Louisiana, the festival offers an amazing assortment of great cinema to watch.

We have everything from great dramas (“Transpose”, from Louisiana filmmaker Ethan Grey) to thought-provoking documentaries (“Flags, Feathers, and Lies; A provocative look at the Mardi Gras Indians of New Orleans, or “China: The Rebirth of an Empire; which essentially examines how China is taking over) , from scary sci-fi (“Lunopolis”, from Louisiana filmmaker Michael J. Avant, a Blair Witch meets the X-files thriller) to hilarious comedies (“Take My Wife”, about a couple who intend to hire a gigolo to spice up their sex life, but accidentally hire a hitman)... Great feature films, great short films, something for everyone! Visit: www.BigEasyInternationalFilmFestival.com­ for more details.

SCHEDULE

Friday, Dec. 10th
7:00 PM Banjo & Whistle
9:00 PM OPENING NIGHT PARTY!

Saturday, Dec. 11th
2:00 PM Drama Program #1
4:30 PM Comedy Program #1
7:00 PM Transpose
9:30 PM Lunopolis

Sunday, Dec. 12th
2:00 PM Documentary Program
4:30 PM Out for the Long Run
7:00 PM Sci-Fi/Thriller/Horror Program
9:30 PM Dynamite Swine

Monday, Dec. 13th
7:00 PM Comedy Program #2
9:30 PM Flag of My Father

Tuesday, Dec. 14th
7:00 PM China: Rebirth of an Empire
9:30 PM Drama Program #2

Wednesday, Dec. 15th
7:00 PM Flags, Feather, and Lies
9:30 PM Grey Skies

Thursday, Dec. 16th
7:00 PM Comedy Program #3
9:30 PM Katrina Cop in the Superdome
11:30 PM AWARDS CEREMONY
A former member
Post #: 1
Does anyone want to attend any of these films? School is out and it looks like fun!
A former member
Post #: 25
I tell you what... we just want people to see these films... the first 10 people to show up for the 7PM SciFi/Thriller/Horror shorts program tonight (Sunday) and mention the Movie Buffers Meetup Group get in free!

And we'll do the same thing for the 9:30PM Sunday night screening of Dynamite Swine (very funny comedy)... first 10 to arrive and mention the meetup group get in free!

Normally The Theatres at Canal Place charge $12 a ticket... so you get to check out (if you haven't been there since they reopened) the swanky new theater... of course, you do have to be 18 to enter the theater now that they serve alcohol (and serve dinner).
Hope D.
user 13352419
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 1
I'm planning on being there for about 6:45. Anyone else going? If so give me a call or txt me at 504-481-1643. Would be nice to have someone to enjoy the films with.
Hope D.
user 13352419
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 2
Does anyone want to attend any of these films? School is out and it looks like fun!

Hey, just posted that I will be there tonight. Let me know if you are going and we can "meet up"
Hope D.
user 13352419
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 3

I went to see the films last night and it was great. I will try to catch at least one a day for the remaining of the festival (work permitting). If anyone wants to join me please do give me a call - 504-481-1643.