MOVIE BUFFERS Message Board › New Meetup: British Film/Concert/Game Night

New Meetup: British Film/Concert/Game Night

Rose
Announcing a new Meetup for MOVIE BUFFERS!

What: British Film/Concert/Game Night

When: Saturday, March 6, 2010 6:00 PM

Where:
Deutsches Haus
200 South Galvez Street
New Orleans , LA 70119
504 522-8014

Join us for some favorite British comedies, Beatles music and board games. We're screening the kid-friendly film early in the evening and the Monty Python film later in the evening, so feel free to come for whatever portion of the evening you wish.

6:00 p.m. - Arrive at Deutsches Haus
6:30 p.m. - Film: "Mr. Bean" (for the kids)
8:00 p.m. - Beatles concert video and board games (bring your favorite)
9:00 or 9:30 p.m. - Film: "Monty Python's Life of Brian"
11:00 p.m. (approx) - End.

About "Monty Python's Life of Brian": Irreverent satire of Biblical films and religious intolerance focuses on Brian, a Jew in Roman-occupied Judea. After joining up with an anti-Roman political organization, Brian is mistaken for a prophet, and becomes a reluctant Messiah. "A motion picture destined to offend nearly two thirds of the civilized world. And severely annoy the other third."

Deutsches Haus has a full bar and drinks will be available for purchase.

No food will be served, so please bring snacks to share!

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 3
Why is a religious movie is being shown? I feel uncomfortable with that.
Heidi K.
Rose
RoMo
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 7
Why is a religious movie is being shown? I feel uncomfortable with that.
Heidi K.

Hi Heidi,
This is actually a British Culture meetup event and I invited the Movie Buffers group to attend as our guests. I pay out of my own pocket to host the meetup group, so movie selection is at my discretion (and I selected the movie based on feedback from the members of the British group). I tried to consider the tastes of those who might not enjoy Monty Python, so that's why I'm showing Mr. Bean at 6pm, which is G-rated, and a Beatles concert. I did put in the description that you can come for any part of the evening that you are comfortable with. Hope to see you there, for at least part of the evening.