Please join us on Sunday May 25, 2014 (Memorial Day Weekend) at Marina Park. We will be playing sand and grass volleyball. Set up will start before 11am and play will go till dark (9:00pm).
If you missed the Primer, here is your chance to experience the first of two BBQ events: May 25th is the major event and May 26th (Memorial Day Monday) will be the carryover. We will BBQ starting at 12pm for lunch and 5pm for dinner. This BBQ will run until 9pm. We need players to help with the BBQ stations/grills (message me if you are a firelord, no amateurs). There is also another sign up list below for BBQ items. We need food (BBQ meats, vegetables, and other non BBQ type foods), beverages, ice, etc. NOTICE: This is not a true Potluck. Bringing food is optional. Only bring food if you feel it will be worthy. Also, this is not a hotdog, hamburger, or chips type of BBQ. You can go to one of the 30+ other BBQs in the same park if that is what you are looking for.
If you can help, please email me or RSVP with a note. Bring your friends and family and RSVP so we can get an estimate. We are prepared to set up as many volleyball nets as needed. Bring lawn chairs so you can sit and eat comfortably. Message me directly at [masked] if you want to help in any other way or bring more food. Thanks, Don
BBQ Potluck Items List (As people commit to bring items, it will be listed here.)
Last Year's # to beat: (September 2013 record of 225 lbs of BBQ meats)
We have 175 lbs committed as of Saturday 10pm.
Platinum Contributions List:
A) Millie - 10lbs of marinated beef, 5lbs of pork, 5lbs of chicken, grilling utensils for 4 grills, grilling liners, large pizza pan for grilling, and a shade
B) Anthony - 10lbs of pork, 10lbs of chicken, special dish TBD
C) Rao/Jason/Jake - TBD Farmer's Market Chicken Buy-in (30+ lbs)
D) Lina - Medium tray of Steam rice, 2 large folding tables, 2 BBQ grills, BBQ utensils, BBQ pans, and food TBD
E) D Myll - MPV Official drink, limes, and tray of egg rolls
F) Jose/Daisy - 30lbs of chicken
G) Chan - 20+lbs of Chan's Aunt's special marinated chicken
H) Bernie - Skirt Steak (quantity TBD)
Food and Items List:
1) Veronica - TBD
2) Mike - Large tray of fruit and TBD dessert
3) Maria - Large tray of steam rice (45 to 50 servings)
4) Tony - 10 2-liters of soft drinks and 200 cups
5) Michelle - 2 Large bags of ice, large cooler, 2 folding tables, and a special dish
6) Dave - 2 large bottles of lighter fluid, and TBD food
7) Georgina - Cases of bottled water
8) Marcus - 50 ears of corn for BBQ
9) Rb - 5 lbs of marinated pork
10) Khanh - Brownies & Papaya Salad
11) Nguyen - 15lbs of marinated chicken
12) Sheeva - TBD
13) Anthony - 2 large bags of charcoal (36 lbs)
14) dt - 200 plastic forks, 200 plastic knives, 2 large packs of napkins, and TBD meats or food
15) Kim (probable) - Lemon bars (dessert), skewers, vegetables, steam rice
16) Ashley - TBD
17) Cliff - Case of premium non-alcoholic beverages
18) Christina - 2 dessert dishes
19) Daniel/Lucy - 15 lbs of beef
20) Sonia - 2 trays of steam rice, tray of salad
21) Eddy - 2 platters of fruit, and vegetable kabobs
22) Fanny/Jose - Sausages, Rice and Beans
23) Steve - 10lbs of beef
24) Veronica - Chocolate pie dessert, corn, and vegetables for BBQing
25) Kathleen - Lots of skewers, vegetables, bbq marinades, cutting boards, knives, and a grill if possible
26) John - Chicken, quantity TBD
27) Michael - 60 limes, large 18 gallon drinks cooler, 2 square folding tables
28) Mary - 8 aluminum trays for food, and 6 medium packs of napkins
29) Vera - 4 large bags of charcoal
30) dt - Beverages (quantity TBD)
31) Chan/Don - Additional +20 lbs of marinated chicken and ice
32) Tamar - 30 limes and a purple potato salad with fresh fennel and dill
33) Rory - Medium tray of special pasta salad
34) Frank - Drinks
What we could use: Medium to large coolers of Ice, extra coolers, Large Bags of ice (3 or more bags) at 2pm and at 5pm, BBQ Meats (more Beef, spare ribs, more Pork, Chicken), trays of salads, trays of steam rice at 12pm, trays of steam rice at 3pm, trays of steam rice at 5pm, and fried rice, desserts, drinks, and so on. On the meats, we prefer marinated meats and no hotdogs, no hamburgers since you can get that at any BBQ. On the drinks, we can use cases or 2-liters of soft drinks. Please RSVP with a note if you can bring anything or message me directly.
We also need 200 fat juicy limes in total. We have 90 now and need 110 more. If you can bring, please let me know and message or call me.
Committed items, do not bring anything on this list:
Charcoal, bottles of lighter fluid and lighter, plastic forks and knives, napkins, paper plates, garbage bags, soap, paper towels, BBQ utensils
Carpool Logistics: (Message me first and I will tell you who to call.)
From San Francisco:
Jake, Raj, Yevgeniy, Ashok, Kim, Steve, Yana, Ana, Davis, Bo, Jessica
Nick (for return trips only), Chung, rb, Adam, Nguyen, Mike
From San Jose/Santa Clara/Saratoga:
Ray, Sheeva, D, dt, Tersea, Irina, Eve, Alex, Ian
From Mountain View:
From Castro Valley/San Ramon:
From San Ramon/Dublin/Pleasanton/Livermore:
Paul, Rosh, Rao, Lara
From San Carlos/Belmont:
From Foster City/San Mateo:
If you are driving and can bring people, message me. I will include you on this list, and get your info for Carpools.
About MPV (formed July 2010):
Play is on sand and grass at Marina Park (San Leandro) on Sundays in any weather. We always welcome more skilled players (B, BB, A, AA) and C/Beginning players aspiring to improve. We play under FIVB Beach rules for doubles and triples. For 4s, 5s, and 6s, the court can play under FIVB Beach or Indoor rules.
There are two SAND courts and two GRASS courts dedicated to DOUBLES: For each surface, the level is BB/A/AA on one court and C/B/higher on the other. The winning team plays again (or has the option to relinquish to the next challengers). Other grass courts are for 3 to 6 players per side, typically C and/or B.
Advanced venues: Play is on sand only (mostly doubles) at Ocean Beach (San Francisco), Mission Bay Creek Park (San Francisco), Clark Kerr Campus (Berkeley), Fremont Tennis Center (Fremont), Alameda Beach, Montara Beach, and Santa Cruz Beach. We play under FIVB Beach rules for doubles.