* This will be the last indoor tournament of VBmatch's[masked] indoor season. Thereafter, the outdoor season will begin and indoor tournaments will only happen once every month or two. (Weeknight Indoor Leagues - as opposed to indoor tournaments - will continue year-round.)
(2) Friday Open Gym Volleyball (7:15pm - 10:15pm) at SportsHouse (Redwood City)
(3) Teams recruiting Players for new SF and Alameda Volleyball Leagues
Individuals (male and female players) who are interested should sign up for the Free Agent List and attend the Free Agent Meeting on Sunday 3/31 at 7:30pm at Alameda Point Gym.
(4) Free Agent Meeting for INDIVIDUAL Players who wish to join an upcoming VBmatch Volleyball League or Tournament
- Meeting #1 : Thursday 3/28 at 8:30pm at VBmatch's SF Potrero Hill League
- Meeting #2 : Sunday 3/31 at 7:30pm at Alameda Point Gym (1101 West Redline Ave. Alameda, CA) - RSVP Required (via email Reply)
- NOTE: Alameda Parks & Rec charges a $6 gym entry fee for Alameda Point Gym on Sundays. With the $6 fee, you may participate in the Sunday Volleyball Open Gym Session from 6pm - 9pm
(5) New Volleyball VIDEO
- Highlights from last night's VBmatch SF Tuesday League Playoffs where the championship team from the last two seasons attempted to out-do a playoff feat accomplished earlier this year where a 3-person team won the Monday R-Coed 4s League with a series of lop-sided wins against complete teams. Due to player absences, the Tuesday Team decided to play 4-on-6 (with two ghosts) for the entire evening of Playoffs. This is harder than it sounds because in addition to having two fewer players to cover the court, there are only 2 front-row players at any given time and the two ghosts always mess up their serves - giving the opponents an automatic sideout during those rotations. Thus, a team playing with 4 players (and 2 ghosts) only has 4/6th of the normal serving / scoring opportunities. Watch the VIDEO to see how they did : http://youtu.be/gd5cQhVujkc (New season of Tuesday SF League starts on 4/2)
(6) Open Registration for NEW Volleyball Leagues
NOTE: Players may sign up INDIVIDUALLY for the Monday SF, Tuesday REDWOOD CITY and Thursday SF Random Reverse-Coed 4 Leagues. All other VBmatch leagues are team-based and hence, you will need to either register with a team or get recruited by an existing team. INDIVIDUALS (without a team) can sign up for the Free Agent Wait List : http://vbmatch.com/webpages/ContactUsFolder/free-agent.php
MP Volleyball is a San Francisco Bay Area sand / grass open pick-up volleyball. We play every Sunday. Start times range from 12 noon to 2:30pm depending on the time of year and the location of the game. You can check each weekly game for the exact start time and location. We have games at Santa Cruz Beach, Ocean Beach (San Francisco), Montara Beach, Alameda Beach, Lower Washington Park (Alameda), Marina Park, Mission Bay Creek Park (San Francisco), Kennedy Park (Hayward), Lake Merritt (Oakland), (Fremont Tennis Center (Fremont), and at the Clark Kerr Campus (Berkeley). We will add additional games at other venues in the future. We are looking for skilled players, players who have not played recently (and want to brush up on their skills), and beginner level players who want to learn the game. There is no fee to play so come out and have some fun!