Join us at Tapestry Folkdance Center for International Folk Dance: Discover heritage and dance roots! Learn ethnic dances from around the world including dances from Poland, Bulgaria, Greece, Israel, Turkey, Armenia, Scandinavia, France and England. Dancers can try out most dances by following the leader. The dance instructors rotate every few weeks with a wide variety of talented and experienced teachers.
The dances are very easy to learn, check out a sample on YouTube here: http://youtu.be/PkcavlaaSpw
• Beginners Welcome
• Family Friendly
• No Partner Necessary!
• Newcomers are always welcome. Come to a dance once, come now and then -- or give in to addiction for one of our fabulous dance forms and come every week!
• Admission cost (at the door): $8 / $6 members/ $5 students (w/ student ID). FREE admission to kids ages 13 & under (must be supervised by an adult).
• Bottled water is the only beverage allowed on the dance floor. We want everyone to stay hydrated while dancing. You may use our kitchenette and commons area to eat a snack or drink any non-alcoholic beverages. We only ask that you clean up after you are finished.
• The decision of which type of dancing shoe is best is really up to the individual. It also depends on what type of dancing you’re going to be doing. As a general rule of thumb, for the best support, nothing beats the running shoe. But if you’re going to be doing a dance with a lot of pivoting, you’re going to want something with a smooth leather sole, such as a bowling shoe, to get the right kind of traction. If you're an experienced dancer and insist on wearing heels, try to make sure they're thick heels as a spiky heel will damage our dance floor and may well damage you! To protect the dance floor, we do not allow tap shoes or clogging shoes to be used.
Tapestry Folkdance Center offers some wonderful programs at a reasonable price. If you'd like to host a future event, please see our event guidelines here.
• Every Thursday: Bollywood
• Every Friday: International, Intro to International
• Every Saturday: Contra
• Every Sunday: English Country
• Once monthly: Scandinavian, Waltz, Ballroom Party and Line Dance Party