Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 76
If anyone is interested, I'm finally able to hook and jab via MtGO. So if you ever want to duel (online style), I go by the handle laveylives. cool
Nick
user 13543628
Reston, VA
Post #: 2
I was wondering if anyone else plays on mtgo - my username is 'ciaf77'

I mostly do draft, but I picked up the precon legacy decks and the momir avatar if you ever wanna try any of those out.

Might get into constructed in the near future.
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 77
While never having tried other formats than the ones I normally play(constructed - legacy and vintage, small amount of EDH), I am always willing to try others (though admittedly I'm completely lost when it comes to drafting).

I've discovered recently that buying virtual cards is one heck of a lot cheaper than buying their physical counterparts. That is when you make your purchase from a business other than WOtC (they seem the charge the same prices either way). So putting together a deck for a different online play format should be easier and cheap.

Anyway, contact me if you ever see me online Nick. If nothing else we can just duel with whatever we've got. smile
Jack H.
user 12879782
Rockville, MD
Post #: 2
@ Troy, where do you buy your MTGO cards at?? i have been trying to find a decent site but i haven't come up with anything yet :/
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 78
@ Troy, where do you buy your MTGO cards at?? i have been trying to find a decent site but i haven't come up with anything yet :/

I usually try the classified section of MtGO. I buy enough event tickets ($1 a piece) to cover the costs of trading for my purchases. Depending on the bot and the card, I can sometimes grab four cards for one ticket.

I tried going the eBay route once, but the same seller had cheaper prices in the classifieds.
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 79
Just looking to bump this discussion. Haven't seen much interest so far, so I thought I'd see if any new members are interested in playing online.

I enjoy playing a laid back and very leisurely type game. I play common 1 vs. 1 type games (Legacy, Standard, etc.).

My clan is called Slowplay, and we have a small five person vent server.

I'd like to get something scheduled for playing on a regular basis. smile
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 87
Another new group of members, so another bump to this discussion.

Looking for folks interested in playing Magic the Gathering online. I enjoy playing a laid back and very leisurely type game. I play common one on one type games (Legacy, Standard, etc.).

My clan is called Slowplay (perfect for new players), and we have a small ten person vent server for voice chat.

I'd like to get something scheduled for playing on a regular basis. smile
Nic
Ertai
Group Organizer
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 69
Hey Troy, I recently tried building a single EDH deck.. got all the cards but still fighting with the crappy MTGO interface.. it confuses the heck out of me. I've been just drafting a little and trying to get this EDH deck together. I don't plan to play a lot but when I am traveling I want to have a single deck I can play somewhere at least.

My name is a21ozcoldcup..
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 92
Outstanding Nick! Glad to hear you've decided to put an online deck together. I'll add you to my buddy list. smile

Yeah the game's interface really needs an update. From what I understand there haven't been many changes to it since it was first released. Let me know if there is anything in particular you find puzzling about it. I may be able to help.

Are you looking to play any other formats besides EDH?
Nic
Ertai
Group Organizer
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 70
Hey Troy.. yeah I need some major help! I am a pretty computer inclined sort of guy but the interface and settings confuse me quite a bit. Like making an EDH deck.. or I guess its the 100 card singleton? .. Maybe one of these times I can chat with you and pick your brain while I figure out how to do stuff.