addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 93
No problem Nic. glad to help. If you're available sometime in the coming week, I can give you a ring (I should have your number) and help you sort through the issue.
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 103
Another new group of members, so another bump to this discussion.

Looking for other folks interested in playing Magic the Gathering online. The folks I currently play with enjoy a laid back and very leisurely type game. Our clan is called Slowplay (perfect for new players), and we have a small ten person Ventrillo server for voice chat.

We meet Wednesdays and Saturdays, around 8:00 P.M. So contact me if you're interested, or if you have any questions.

-- Cheers! smile
Phillip M
user 70656172
Woodbridge, VA
Post #: 4
Another new group of members, so another bump to this discussion.

Looking for other folks interested in playing Magic the Gathering online. The folks I currently play with enjoy a laid back and very leisurely type game. Our clan is called Slowplay (perfect for new players), and we have a small ten person Ventrillo server for voice chat.

We meet Wednesdays and Saturdays, around 8:00 P.M. So contact me if you're interested, or if you have any questions.

-- Cheers! smile

I am trying to play more live, but do want to practice drafts online. Please let me know if I can join your clan. Also, don't really know what about your voice chat server, so please give me details on that.

Also, I have been using the beta client for the interface, which is a lot nicer then the other one. However, it gets slow at times, any advice on that would be great!

Thanks,

Phil
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 104

I am trying to play more live, but do want to practice drafts online. Please let me know if I can join your clan. Also, don't really know what about your voice chat server, so please give me details on that.

Also, I have been using the beta client for the interface, which is a lot nicer then the other one. However, it gets slow at times, any advice on that would be great!

Thanks,

Phil

Howdy Phil,

Of course you can join our group! Glad to have you. :)

I'm not sure if you've already perused my MtGO FAQ yet, but here's the link: MtGO FAQ. This will give you a basic idea about the Ventrillo application. Once you've downloaded and installed it, email me and I'll pass along the configuration information (eg. password, port number, etc.) and we'll get you setup.

My opinion about the beta is that it's a nice step towards improving the application, but it's definitely limited. I'd strongly recommend you stick with the older client version. While the older version is very primitive compared to the beta, it's so much easier to work with in my opinion. The dominant version in the group is the older client, but no worries if you would prefer to use the beta because both versions can duel each other. The beta just doesn't have as many capabilities.

--
Troy
Todd H.
user 73998412
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 2
Im on MTGO with the handle 'thescale99'. Hit me up!
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 108

Cool Todd! Added your name to my buddies list. So I should be able to see you when you come online. Do you have a vent client installed?
Todd H.
user 73998412
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 3

Cool Todd! Added your name to my buddies list. So I should be able to see you when you come online. Do you have a vent client installed?

Sure do Troy (from my MMO days). I believe its the same handle (have to go back and check). When I see you in-game, I'll send you a pm, and we'll sync up. wink
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 109
Sure do Troy (from my MMO days). I believe its the same handle (have to go back and check). When I see you in-game, I'll send you a pm, and we'll sync up. wink

Groovy man! My clan's next scheduled meet up is on Wednesday night around 7:00 P.M. (it would have been tonight but I have a guild run in Warcraft), so if you'd like to join our Wednesday night session let me know and I'll pass along the vent info before the game.
Todd H.
user 73998412
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 5
Groovy man! My clan's next scheduled meet up is on Wednesday night around 7:00 P.M. (it would have been tonight but I have a guild run in Warcraft), so if you'd like to join our Wednesday night session let me know and I'll pass along the vent info before the game.

Yeah for sure. Post here or send me an email w/ the info.

I don't know if I'll be able to attend (wifey gets a little grumpy when I spend *every* night playing), but I'll do my best.

Is this a clan event sort of thing? What events/formats do y'all do? Tell me morz!
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 110
Yeah for sure. Post here or send me an email w/ the info.

I don't know if I'll be able to attend (wifey gets a little grumpy when I spend *every* night playing), but I'll do my best.

Is this a clan event sort of thing? What events/formats do y'all do? Tell me morz!

Understandable about the wife. We're also playing the following Saturday. So if that works better for your wife you can join us then instead.

Whatever day you decide you can make it, let me know. And then you and I can get together in the game before the match to get vent set up, and to answer any other questions you may have.

Yes, our games are pretty much clan events. But the clan concept is used more as a community buddies list than a competitive gaming mechanism. So no one is required to join. And our primary format is constructed classic, but we're open to any other format (as long as it's cheap. wink)