addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Magic: The Gathering - DC (DC/MD/VA) Message Board Rules and Judge Questions › MtGO FAQ

Closed to new replies

Rockville, MD
Post #: 81
This is the general information for playing Magic the Gathering Online.

To play MtGO you'll need a few things. You'll need an account with Wizards of the Coast (free), the MtGO application (about $10(this gets you cards and such)), and, if desired, a Ventrillo client application (free) or other software of this type.

To get your account setup and download the application software, follow this link:
Account Setup and Application

Once you have your account setup and the MtGO application installed, you should be able to start the game, login, and play.

A Ventrillo client will allow you to voice chat with other people. While not necessary to play MtGO (you communicate in game via text chat), this is a nice feature for online gaming. In my opinion, one you can't do without these days. To download the Ventrillo client software, follow this link:
Ventrillo Client

Once you have the Vent client installed, you'll need to change the following settings to connect to a Vent server: Host Name, Port Number, Password. Vent servers are provided by other players, and usually hosted by a company (eg I have a 10-user slot Vent server I'd be happy to make available for the group. So please contact me if you'd like to use it.

That's about it for how to play an online version of Magic the Gathering. If you have any questions, or need assistance getting yourself up and running, please contact me and I'll assist as best I can.

Troy smile