addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Magic: The Gathering - DC (DC/MD/VA) Message Board Looking For..... players/groups/stores/events › MTG playing group in Northern VA

MTG playing group in Northern VA

Phillip M
user 70656172
Springfield, VA
Post #: 3
Hello all,

Well this my second try at this. I have picked up magic recently has hobby. I am looking to to see if there is a group or to start a group of casual MTG players. I am interested drafting or playing standard. I am a newer player so looking to see if there are others out there like me that want to play magic, but not really interested in constantly playing against very expensive decks and losing quickly. :-)

Hit me up if intrested!

Phil
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Phil-

I've also been looking for a casual group to play with in environments that don't require precise schedules, event fees, or DCI numbers. I'm more interested in sealed and drafting, mainly because I have no interest in building a M:tG collection for the fourth time. I'm ready to play, enjoy the game and get better, not to show off how awesome I am.

I'm in the Falls Church/Fairfax area. Send me an email and we'll try to find some time when both sets of kids are squared away.
Nic
Ertai
Group Organizer
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 80
Also if you guys make it out to meetup events, you are more than welcome to borrow decks if you are worried about different power levels in cards. And we have such a variety of decks.. some much more competitive than others. I'd say try checking out an event when its hosted in one of our player's houses some time, great time to bullshit, play some cards and meet other players in the area.
Todd H.
user 73998412
Alexandria, VA
Add me to this list!

I live in Alexandria, and am looking for a casual group of MTG players. Weekday evenings or weekends day/night, happy to trek anywhere in NOVA/DC. Standard format prefered, but open to anything.

Thanks!
Nate S.
user 86678432
Manassas, VA
I live in old town, and I have been looking for a group of people to play some MTG with. I don't play on any serious level, and I don't really care about formats/blocks rules so much (within reason obviously), but I have mostly standard decks. I don't have a great deal of cards, but I have been back into MTG since Innistrad, so I have mostly standard stuff. I am into EDH/Commander as well.. I am willing to travel or meetup or whatever...
Todd H.
user 73998412
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 4
I live in old town, and I have been looking for a group of people to play some MTG with. I don't play on any serious level, and I don't really care about formats/blocks rules so much (within reason obviously), but I have mostly standard decks. I don't have a great deal of cards, but I have been back into MTG since Innistrad, so I have mostly standard stuff. I am into EDH/Commander as well.. I am willing to travel or meetup or whatever...

Nice Nate – a fellow Alexandrite (is that a word?).

I’ve already talked with Phillip and Ray. I will send you an email, and get you looped in.

That makes four, and I suspect that we may be able to get some traction on a few others, especially if all of us reach out to buddies etc., especially at local comic shops. Ideally, we'd have between 4-8 on any given get together, but that shouldn't stop us from charging ahead now.

Check your inbox!