addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Magic: The Gathering - DC (DC/MD/VA) Message Board Other/General Discussions › New Years Eve Meetup!

New Years Eve Meetup!

Nic
Ertai
Group Organizer
Alexandria, VA
Hey gang,
Been a while, just wanted to say hi, I hope the holidays are treating you well.
As has been an on and off tradition here, we are hosting a New Years Eve meetup, for those (like me) not interested in the madness of bars and clubs that evening.
Why bother with downing expensive drinks downtown, when you could down free drinks and toss cards around with us?
After scrolling through the very clever poem that Sam wrote, you'll see the details. Basically open to any format, but most likely focusing on EDH or Legacy. But if you have a cube or spare Standard or Modern decks, we could try that too.
It will likely be a small meetup, in the past I think we never got more than six people together for these NYE events, so we can play music, movies, toss back a few drinks and play Magic as long as you want. I think last one we did we had a Tarantino movie marathon.
And regardless of whether you join us, I wish you all a very safe New Years Eve and welcome to 2014!
(http://www.meetup.com/MTGinDC/events/156985742/­)
Nic
(a21ozcoldcup@gmail.com)