Despite the description they are looking for someone who is Flash heavy, hard coding ActionScript 3. This is a very corporate environment.
Scottrade, Inc. has an Interactive Web Designer position available in St. Louis, MO. The main purpose of this position is to develop digital ads, website/micro site/landing page designs and interactive content to meet marketing, branding, and strategic business objectives. This role will be responsible for producing Web designs, graphics, styles, and functional interfaces for all advertising and marketing content for Scottrade’s public facing display advertising and various websites, micro site and landing pages. This position will work closely with the branding and UX teams and adhere to corporate style guidelines to ensure creative consistency.
- Design marketing and advertising display ads, banners, Web pages, and other creative. Interface with major publishers such as Yahoo!, MSN, and Google and collaborate with some of the top digital agencies in the country on rich media and interactive mobile campaigns.
- Produce interactive Web components using advanced coding techniques and technology.
- Design and code Web pages within a Web Content Management system.
- Work within a digital asset management tool.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in online advertising and website design.
- Knowledge of interactive design using AJAX, JQuery, Flash, Action Script (or some combination).
- Basic understanding of web programming languages (e.g. Java) and how they may affect web design and coding practices.
- Intermediate understanding of how to integrate with externally fed data and UI set up.
- Expert level proficiency with Dreamweaver, Adobe, and Visio. Expert level experience designing for the web using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing and developing Web pages.
- Minimum of 3 years experience coding interactive Web components using advanced coding techniques such as JQuery, AJAX, Flash, AS2/AS3, HTML5.
- Minimum of 2 years working on Web advertising and marketing or related projects.
- Minimum of 1 year of working within a Web CMS.
Corporate Recruiter | Scottrade, Inc.
700 Maryville Centre | St. Louis, MO | 63141
mfreeland at scottrade.com