Comments: The City of Toronto has organized Winterlicious that starts on Jan 31 and ends on Feb 13, 2014). Various restaurants are participating whereby a fixed price with a menu that includes an appetizer, a main course and a dessert of your choice. This is a great way to dine at some of the nice restaurants at a reasonable price and have a good time. Come join me.
Check out the website for full details: http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restaurants.nsf/Winterlicious?readForm
Reservations can be made starting on Thurs, Jan 16.
I'll like to try Momofuku Noodle Bar. It is on the ground floor at 190 University Ave (South of Richmond Street and University Ave). It has a website, http://momofuku.com/toronto/noodle-bar-to/ Please note that the Winterlicious menu will be served.
The fixed menu is:
$15 Lunch plus taxes and gratuity
Pork Bun (local)
hoisin, scallion, cucumberor
hoisin, scallion, cucumber
Smoked Chicken Ramen (local)
miso, menma, eggor
Dan Dan Mein (local)
spicy pork, dry scallop, peanut
Ginger Scallion Noodles
shiitake, cucumber, cabbage
Please consider the following guidelines BEFORE signing up:
1) I made reservations for 4 people at the restaurant. Members who have been a 'No show' to one or more events will not be considered.
2) I moved 3 people to the going list.
3) Once you are placed to the 'going' list, if you end up not being able to make it, please update your RSVP to 'not going' 24 hours before the event so that others who are waiting will have an opportunity to go.
4) individual bills can be accomodated at the restaurant. The cost will be $15+tax+gratuity.
5) If you signed up for the event and became a 'No show' without updating your RSVP 24 hours before the event, I will not include you in future similar events.
Meetup time: 11:15am ( I will be carrying a 'MAM' sign).
Lunch reservations are at 11:30am