Comments: The City of Toronto has organized Winterlicious that starts on Jan 31 and ends on Feb 13, 2014). Various restaurants are participating whereby a fixed price with a menu that includes an appetizer, a main course and a dessert of your choice. This is a great way to dine at some of the nice restaurants at a reasonable price and have a good time. Come join me.
Check out the website for full details: http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restaurants.nsf/Winterlicious?readForm
Reservations can be made starting on Thurs, Jan 16.
I'll like to try Le Papillon on Front. It is near the St. Lawrence Market area. The closest subway is Union station and the cloest interesection is Front Street and Church Steet. It has a website, http://www.papillononfront.com/contact/
Please note that the Winterlicious menu will be served.
The fixed menu is:
Soupe du Jour
Chef's choice soup of the day
Serving of homemade chicken pate
Mixed greens served with house vinaigrette
Large French Onion Soup
Our famous French onion soup
Homemade crepe filled with spinach, béchamel & cheddar cheese
Served over rice
Fish & Chips
Homemade basa fish served with frites and homemade tartar sauce
Croustade de Pomme
French Vanilla Ice Cream
Please consider the following guidelines BEFORE signing up:
1) I made reservations for 6 people at the restaurant. Members who have been a 'No show' to one or more events will not be considered.
2) I have moved the first 5 members to the going list. No guests will be allowed as the group is small.
3) Once you are placed to the 'going' list, if you end up not being able to make it, please update your RSVP to 'not going' 24 hours before the event so that others who are waiting will have an opportunity to go.
4) Individual bills can be accomodated at the restaurant. The cost will be $15+tax+gratuity per person.
5) If you signed up for the event and became a 'No show' without updating your RSVP 24 hours before the event, I will not include you in future similar events.
Meetup time: 11:45am ( I will be carrying a 'MAM' sign).
Lunch reservations are at 12 noon