Mad-Railers Message Board › Mentor/Advisor wanted
* Amateur Railer - been playing around with personal projects for almost a year
* Experienced technical / development background in my former life at Epic
* Working with a doctor at Stanford on a healthcare-related IT online app / project
* Experienced Rails dev
* Have had multiple apps live "in production" (with at least some traffic)
* Enjoy teaching / mentoring smart students (aka me!)
I'm negotiating with this doctor (& his technical advisors) and he really wants me to work on this project, but both he & I are a bit nervous by the fact that I don't have any "production app" experience -- so I don't know what I don't know about what it takes to make an app production-ready. I'm looking for a mentor or advisor who I can meet with on a semi-regular basis (weekly?) to help ensure I'm on the right track, and what pitfalls to watch out for / rabbit-holes to avoid.
Pending budgetary approval, this could even pay a little bit (but if money is your top priority, probably best to keep looking).
If you'd be interested in helping me out, please send me an email [firstname.lastname@example.org] - thanks!