MadCity Makers Message Board › Film crew assistance opportunity.

Film crew assistance opportunity.

Fernanda
U.U.F.
Madison, WI
Post #: 5
This is not a paying job posting, is an opportunity to participate on a great project. (Not a student film)

We are searching for a few incredibly creative individuals, to be part of our film's Art Department.
We are a group of acquaintances and friends from ALL walks of life, some of us have film degrees, some have no degrees, some writers, photographers, musicians, but what we all have in common is an unbearable passion for the art of cinema.

We are putting a lot of time and effort to ensure that regardless of the size of our budget, (think non-existent) we will run the most organized, professional, timely production possible.
I will like to keep a lot of this information vague for privacy reasons; all I can say is that the film is a "Zombie" flick; yes, there is plenty of gore, but the screenplay has a lot of substance and sociopolitical commentary as well, and even though is not a comedy, has plenty of standard comedic relief. We had several Pre-Production meetings now and a lot of the ground work is coming out nicely.
Shooting will take place an hour south of Madison Wisconsin, late summer 2014.

As the Production Designer, I hold many responsibilities and oversee an enormous amount of details, so at this time I am looking for, an Art Director, a costume supervisor/costume standby, prop master, special effects make up assistants and hopefully, a special effects/stunt/gags supervisor.
Experience on this fields is not necessary, I am a believer, that if you are a creative, tasteful, passionate person with an innate eye for visually appealing art, half of the work is done... The other half is hard work, sweat, tears and blood... Just kidding.
Many of this positions if not all, are interchangeable, my main priority is to meet people, who I can connect with artistically, who can share my vision.
I need people that are great at improvising, quick on their feet, sharp, punctual and cordial.
Oh! And a great dark sense of humor is A most.

We won't make a bloody penny, and it would take a lot of your time in the next six months, but if you are a movie buff, not a movie snob, if you are the happiest when surrounded by, reading, watching or creating science fiction, if you judge horror movies, by the color and amount of their blood, if film is your life, your love, your mistress, your friend, your everything...
And if you are NOT a violent murdering psychopath...
We are going to get along just fine, and I promise you, our tiny humble movie will be a lot of fun, and a wonderful learning experience.

If this sounds like a dream come true, send me a message with some eloquent reason why you are interested.
Thanks for your time.

F.