Madison Company of Gamers Message Board › Civilization board game

Civilization board game

Joni P.
JoniPark
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
Hi all. I have enjoyed playing Civilization on the computer for many years now. I have not yet played the board game version of it, but I'd like to try sometime soon. Unfortunately, it is for 2-4 players only, and looks to take quite a while to play. I'm Board! has a copy in their game library. Is anyone else interested in playing? Do you have a specific date or time that you would prefer? Have you ever played it before, or will we be learning together?
Jaime
ltcomdata
Madison, WI
Post #: 5
I would be interested... But also, I have not ever played it.
Chris K.
ChrisKendrex
Middleton, WI
Post #: 4
I'll try anything once. My availability is flexible, but Saturday afternoons are best.
Joni P.
JoniPark
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
Jaime and Chris (and possibly a player to be named later): I am busy this Saturday, but could make it the afternoon of Saturday the 22nd. We'd have to finish up by 5 p.m. because I am playing Pathfinder then, also at I'm Board! Would 1 p.m. work for both of you, or do either of you have any other suggestions for days or times?
Chris K.
ChrisKendrex
Middleton, WI
Post #: 5
Yeah, I'll be there. I'm GMing.
Jaime
ltcomdata
Madison, WI
Post #: 6
Can we, perhaps, do it a bit earlier? I need to be in Downtown Madison by 6:00PM, and given the schedule of the bus system that means I must stop playing by 4:15PM.

Thanks!
Joni P.
JoniPark
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
I could start as early as 11:30 a.m. Would that work for you guys?
Chris K.
ChrisKendrex
Middleton, WI
Post #: 6
I can't be there before 1 PM.
Joni P.
JoniPark
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
Well guys, it sounds like this Saturday will not work for both of you (at least not at the same time), and I just found out that there's another Pathfinder game I'd like to play in that day anyway. Why don't we try a different day? I have a very flexible schedule, if either of you can make it during the week. I won't be able to play either on the 25th or 26th, but I could play after 4:30 p.m. on Monday the 24th, or any time on the 27th through the 30th. My only possible conflict would be if there is another Pathfinder game on the 29th (I lost my schedule of the regular games). The next week I could play any day except Monday, and if we played Tuesday, we'd have to finish by 5:30 p.m. I'm also free Sundays, but I was avoiding suggesting it because I believe that Chris is busy those days, at least in the mornings. Do any of these dates and times appeal to you guys?
Chris K.
ChrisKendrex
Middleton, WI
Post #: 7
Weekends (including Friday nights, but barring Sunday mornings) are my only real flexible time.