addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

MadPUG Message Board › Future Meeting Questions

Future Meeting Questions

Ian C.
user 98460112
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Hello Pythonistas!
I would like to first apologize to everyone who wants to but is unable to make the first meetup. I took a shot in the dark at scheduling the first meetup and while it has not been catastrophic, it means several people who wanted to come, will not be able to.
To avoid this in the future, I've assembled 3 polls (each is only one question because that is a limitation imposed by Meetup.com). The first­ asks you when is the best time of the week to actually hold the meetup. The description has been mangled by Meetup.com so I'll explain it quickly here. I have several days with at least one block of time selected for each. These are not start and end times, just swaths of times to get a feel for when might be most convenient. You're allowed to rate them from 1 to 10 (where 10 is the most convenient) but being too granular could produce suboptimal results. Please try to stick to using 1, 5 or 10 to describe your preferences.
The next­ question concerns the length of the meetup. MadLUG met last Saturday and we spent the first hour on presentations and the next hour was general discussion. It was a very relaxed meeting and the organize received a great deal of positive feedback on the format. We do not have to meet for a whole 2 hours (or we could meet for longer than 2 hours), it is up to you.
The final­ question concerns how frequently you would prefer we meet.
The structure of the meetups are not yet decided upon and we are very appreciative of any and all suggestions you might have. Personally I am partial to a structure that was suggested by Charles (another member of MadPUG). The structure is loosely as follows: Presentations followed by small groups who either help individuals with interesting problems or people who want to hack on stuff together.
Furthermore, it wouldn't be difficult to split that structure up into two separate events for people if it makes more sense.
Thanks for joining MadPUG and I hope to meet you all (eventually),
Ian