Madison Primal/Paleo Lifestyles Message Board › Paleo Recipes

Paleo Recipes

Nate
nate7383
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 16
Lets put all the recipes in one easy to find location so they don't end up buried later on.
Nate
nate7383
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 17
Abby's Broccoli Pizza

Awesome food at the cave feast today! For those who asked, here's my recipe for the pizzas:

This will make (1) 9" round crust.

1/2 head cauliflower
1 large egg
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (optional)
1/2 cup pizza sauce (I used 1/3 cup plain tomato sauce thickened with about 1 oz tomato paste)
2 heaping tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (can be found at willy in the bulk bins)
salt
pepper
dried oregano
toppings

Grate cauliflower into a large bowl. (hand grating is best - if the pieces are too small, it will turn into cauliflower porridge instead of a crust.)
Microwave 10 min, set aside to cool.

Preheat oven to 350 F

When cauliflower is cooled to room temp or lower, mix in egg, nutritional yeast, mozzarella, salt, pepper, and oregano.

Add to well greased pan and bake for ~10 min, increase heat to 400 F and bake another 20 min or until crust is well browned on top and firm throughout.

Remove and add toppings, return to oven at 400 F for about 15 min.
Nate
nate7383
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 18
Amber's Mutton Stew

Mutton Stew in Pressure Cooker:
1 lb mutton stew meat
2 tomatoes, diced (or 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes)
1 large yellow onion, thin-sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger powder (or 1-inch strip minced fresh)
1 inch cinnamon or cassia stick
2 cardamom pods (or 1/2 tsp ground)
5-6 whole peppercorns
1 bay leaf
2 whole cloves
1 tsp cumin, seeds or ground
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp olive oil
- Heat oil over med heat in pressure cooker, add all whole spices. heat ~ 5 mins
- add mutton and sliced onions, stirring occasionally, until onions translucent and breaking down, ~ 20 mins
- add garlic and ginger (if using fresh), cook 2-3 mins
- add all powdered spices, stir and cook 2-3 mins
- Add tomatoes, stir to incorporate
- Add 1/2 to 2 cups water, depending on desired thickness of stew
- Seal and bring to pressure, cook med heat under pressure for 30 mins, turn off heat, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 mins, then open pressure valve & serve
Nate
nate7383
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 19
Amber's Chocolate Pumpkin Coconut balls

The recipe for the chocolate pumpkin coconut balls is actually from Civilized Caveman (who has a ton of great recipes)! Other than substituting maple syrup in equal amounts for the honey and almond meal for pecan meal, I followed it as-written: http://civilizedcavem...­
Nate
nate7383
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 33
Meredith"s

BEST BROWNIES EVER

Recipe from Dr. Mark Hyman’s Book:
UltraMetabolism Cookbook

1 cup raw pecans
6 Tablespoons walnut oil
1/2 cup Agave Nectar
2 eggs
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup Arrowroot
walnut oil (to grease baking dish)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In food processor, grind pecans until meal consistency. Place in medium mixing bowl with remaining ingredients. Pour into oiled 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Makes 9 – 12 brownies.
Patti
PattiF
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
Sorry it's taken so long- I've been trying to find where I originally got the recipe and have had no luck! So here is recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 3 cups almond flour
• 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1/2 cup raw honey
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (or use a stone)
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer, or wire whisk.
5. Pour wet ingredients slowly into dry ingredients and beat with mixer or fork until combined. (I just mix them all together - forget making more dirty dishes!)
6. Add the melted coconut oil and continue to blend until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop Tablespoon size balls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. (I use the medium Pampered Chef cookie scoop on a stone bar pan)
8. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. (you will want to smoosh them when they come out otherwise they stay in the shape of the scooped ball and those just look funny)

Tara G.
user 79108852
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
I have a great electronic paleo recipe book, but it will not let me add it as an attachment. However, if you are interested in a copy, send me an e-mail at taragessler@gmail.com and I will send it to you. It has recipies for everything from appetizers, desserts, sides, chicken, beef, etc.
Patti
PattiF
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
Here are the Snickerdoodles I made for the last fest - apparently someone wants the recipe :)
As stolen from here: http://urbanposer.blo...­
Snickerdoodles (Paleo,Vegan, egg/grain/dairy free)

Ingredients:

2 cups blanched, fine ground almond flour (such as Honeyville)
scant less than 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4 tablespoons coconut oil, softened or liquid (5 Tbls for a softer cookie)
1/4 cup mild honey (like clover) or vegan alternative,*see note
1 tablespoon GF vanilla extract

Cinnamon coating:

2-3 tablespoons raw coconut crystals, such as Coconut Secret (optional)
2-3 tablespoons ground cinnamon

This may make more than you need. We keep the extra for sprinkling on grain free bread or butternuts quash. YUM!

When measuring almond flour, remember to use the "dip & sweep" method for best results. Dip the measuring cup in to the loose almond flour and drag a knife of flat edge over the top. Pouring into the cup can result in too much or even too little AF in the recipe.

In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients; mix together well. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, honey and vanilla. Add the liquid ingredients to the almond flour mixture and mix till combined.

*Note: Note: This recipe has only been tested with honey. 'Coconut nectar' may significantly change the taste and texture of the cookie, as it is darker in flavor, color and is low in acidity.

Combine the coconut sugar crystals (optional*) and the ground cinnamon in a small bowl.

(*Coconut sugar crystals ARE optional, the cookies look and turn out great with just the cinnamon as well) As a matter of fact, my first two batches of these were sprinkled with just cinnamon.

Using a rounded tablespoon, scoop out the dough, then gently form into a ball. Roll in, or sprinkle all sides with, the cinnamon mixture. Place the balls of cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.

Use a mason jar or your hands, slightly flatten each cookie. Dip the bottom of the jar in some of the sugar & spice mixture to help keep the cookie form sticking. to the jar.**

**Note: If the dough is still sticking to the jar, lightly grease the bottom of the jar. You may need to give the jar a little tap to remove the cookie (if your house is very warm, they will tend to stick more).

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8-9 minutes. Leave cookies on the cookie sheet while cooling. They may seem under-baked at first, but they will firm up to just the right texture as they cool.

To help prevent burning on the bottom of the cookies you can double up on your cookie sheets.

Meredith
user 36878522
Madison, WI
Post #: 21
Hey Nate - here are a couple of awesome sauce/dip recipes - created by my husband...

The Red Sauce

2 red bell peppers, fire roasted, peeled & seeded
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
½ diced red onion
3 Tbsp. lime juice
Pepper
~½ c. olive oil

In a blender, mix bell peppers, chipotle, red onion, and lime juice. Blend until smooth. With the blender
running, add olive oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Season to taste and chill or serve at room
temperature.

The Green Sauce

2 poblano peppers, fire roasted, peeled & seeded
1 jalapeno pepper, fire roaster, peeled & seeded
½ diced red onion
3 Tbsp. lime juice
½ c. minced cilantro
Pepper
~½ c. olive oil

In a blender, mix poblano peppers, jalapeno pepper, red onion, lime juice, and cilantro. Blend until
smooth. With the blender running, add olive oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Season to taste and
chill or serve at room temperature.
Nate
nate7383
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 57
Thanks! I'll have to give those a try. They look pretty spicy! Hopefully my tongue can handle them. I never used to be able to eat anything spicy, even so called "mild". But I've noticed that my taste are changing a lot since I've changed my diet so drastically, and I've actually been putting cayenne pepper on things lately. Never would have happened 2-3 years ago!