Madison Traditional Gaming Message Board Madison Traditional Gaming Discussion Forum › What sorts of "old school" games do people play?

What sorts of "old school" games do people play?

Victor R.
badger2305
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
Just something to get the ball rolling. I've played Original D&D, Classic Traveller, and many others. I now find myself interested in Microlite 74, as well as Labyrinth Lord or Swords & Wizardry or Ruins & Ronins, or Mutant Future. Hard to decide, actually!
A former member
I started with Empire of the Petal Throne and then went to D&D. I am an alumnist of the Dungeon Masters Association (DMA). I currently run my own game in two venues (one on Tuesdays and one on alternating Saturdays) and I play in an AD&D game on alternating Saturdays.
Victor R.
badger2305
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
I started with Empire of the Petal Throne and then went to D&D. I am an alumnist of the Dungeon Masters Association (DMA). I currently run my own game in two venues (one on Tuesdays and one on alternating Saturdays) and I play in an AD&D game on alternating Saturdays.

Started with Empire of the Petal Throne, hmmm? I played for about 20 years with Prof. Barker, and am still involved with Tekumel.

I noticed in your idea post that you have your own game system? Could you say more about how it is related to old school gaming?

A former member
For rpgs my favorites are: D&D, Chill, Champions (which I haven't played forever), Marvel Superheroes (old-school?), Pendragon. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Wargames: Feudal, Cry Havoc, Squad Leader, Battletech, Car Wars, Axis & Allies.

I'm open to anything! smile
Mark S.
siefertma
Muskego, WI
As Victor knows, I LOVES ME THE TEKUMEL.