addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Victor R.
badger2305
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Dear All,

Some updates about the Meetup group:

• I've closed the poll on meeting locations, with people split evenly between keeping one location and being open to moving around. As it turns out, Madison Public Libraries have a cap of six meetings a year for each branch location, for groups using their meeting rooms. So we will have to alternate, and alternating between Sequoya and Hawthorne just might make sense.
  • Through Zazzle, I've gotten some really nice promotional cards for people to use to recruit new members. I'll have those at the Meetup. I'm even thinking of breaking out some prizes for the person who recruits the most new Meetup attendees.
  • Would people be interested in meeting more than one Saturday a month? We would really have to rotate, but I think it is do-able. The best situation would be to start a student group at either MATC or UW (restart the DMA?) and just meet there. I'm interested in other people's thoughts on this

Lastly, something of an apology for not getting events up in a timely manner. Between the beginning of the semester at my academic institution, and my birthday, I was delayed. Thank you for being patient, and I hope everybody will show up and have fun on Saturday!

Victor
Gene
user 10711258
Lake Mills, WI
Post #: 13
Looking forward to Saturday. See you all there.
Happy Birthday Victor!