Madison Vegan Drinks Message Board › Date for the book swap!

Date for the book swap!

Hannah
hannahw.afa
Madison, WI
Hi all!

I'm excited to tell you that our upcoming event is the very first Simply Vegan Book Swap! It will take place at the BEAUTIFUL Fitchburg library, followed by drinks at Atomic Koi. Here is the poll to vote on the date of the swap: http://www.meetup.com...­

And here is a description of the event! I'm open to other ideas, so feel free to leave suggestions in the discussion or via a private message!

Introducing...The FIRST Simply Vegan Book Swap

The first book swap will take place in conference room A at the BEAUTIFUL Fitchburg library. Bring your cookbooks/AR books/recipes to swap and borrow!

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BOOKS:

There will be two tables. One table will be 'swap' books. These are books to which you say "happy trails!", because you two have parted ways, and you don't need them any more. Someone will be working this table (let's be real, it will probably be me). You'll give that someone your books and receive an equivalent number of vouchers. These vouchers can be used to 'purchase' other swapped books - one book per voucher.

The second table is for 'borrow' books. These are books that you are happy to lend out, but you want them back. Anyone can take any number of borrow books, but we will take down their email addresses so that the books do not disappear forever. If this event goes well, we'll try to make it a monthly event, so that the books can be in frequent circulation.

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE BOOKS:

We want everybody to enjoy this event, not just those who have an extensive library of cookbooks and AR books! Here are some options:

1. Bring copies of a favorite vegan recipe, and leave them on the 'swap' table.

2. Bring copies of a favorite non-vegan recipe that you want veganized, and talk to others about how to veganize it.

3. Make a copy of the index in your favorite cookbook. Put it on the 'borrow' table. We'll have highlighters and pens on the table, and other people can stop by and highlight their favorite recipes in that book. I'll email the results to all attendees after the event.

4. Bring copies of a favorite AR article, and leave them on the 'swap' table.

5. Bring a list of your top ten AR books, and leave it on the 'swap' table. I'll email these lists to everyone after the event.

6. Just like #5, but a list of your top ten cookbooks!

7. Shop the 'borrow' table!

8. We'll have snacky things. Maybe light snacky things, maybe substantial snacky things, maybe even vegan pizza. I have to check our budget. Use this as an opportunity to nom and mingle, even if trading books isn't your thing! If non directed mingling isn't youre thing, come talk to me (probably at the book table), and I will point you in the direction of some like minded individuals. We have such a great vegan community, all you newies. And those of us in the vegan community love to make new veg*n and veg*n-curious friends!

For those who are interested, we'll head over to Atomic Koi afterwards. I'll contact them ahead of time to find out what alcohols are vegan, of course. I think they have a fish tank, so I'm sorry :( But they're within walking distance, so you kind of can't beat the commute. If people have a problem with the location, we can do somewhere else in the future.

If you can't join us for the book swap, you can join us for drinks, or vice versa. My phone has internet, so you can contact me via the website, or you can private message me if you want my cell number.

All my student friends/those living downtown without transportation, Fitchburg is not an easy place to navigate by bus. Feel free to arrange carpooling with me and interested others.

Woooooooooooo! CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT!

Bonnie & D.
user 10351061
Madison, WI
Post #: 35
Friday, Sept. 21 really works best for us EITHER afternoon or evening (afternoon best).