addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Madison Preppers Message Board › Candles for power outage, car kit, EDC

Candles for power outage, car kit, EDC

A former member
Post #: 1
Anyone know of a good source for candles. I am interested in 'plumbers candles' for power outage, car kit, EDC. I have looked at bulk candles on websites, but the shipping seems very high.
Curt
user 41599832
Group Organizer
Sun Prairie, WI
Post #: 9
Did you check generalwax.com? You buy (1) box minimum of 36 "Plumbers Candles" for $36.70 including shipping. About $1.02 each. Even cheaper if you buy a case of 216 candles for $130.13 w/ shipping. About .60 each.

Checking the prepper blogs, you can't make your your own emergency candles for less than 1.60 each. There are a lot of plans out there to make your own emergency candles with local supplies.
kathleen
user 44664382
Janesville, WI
Post #: 8
Plumbers candles are excellent - compact, fat, fairly long burning, and cheap. I asked my local hardware store to tell me when they came on sale, and got a good price 25 cents each. I bought them out. Happy to see another source printed above, still a good buy at 60 cents due to their size. They store well too, but may warp a little in very warm weather if you dont store them flat. (But they still burn, even if they are a little crooked...)
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks for the replies.
Curt - thanks for the shipping info. I noticed the shipping was $6 lower if I ship to Madison where I work vs shipping to where I live. That made the price a little better.
Kathleen - what hardware store stocks them? I may find a store locally that would stock them and not have to pay any shipping at all.
Jordon B.
user 50239292
Madison, WI
I would also like to know the hardware store that I could get the candles from.
Mike
user 71113842
Sun Prairie, WI
I didn't find any online at Menards, Home Depot, or Ace. I did find some at Do It Best. Here's a link to that page: http://www.doitbest.c...­
Drex
user 72932892
Sun Prairie, WI
Post #: 2
If you go to http://www.armysurplu...­ they have Emergency candles (12 hr survival candles for $2.99 for 4). Its under emergency lighting and 4th row down. Just to let you know, I have never bought anything from them let.
Jordon B.
user 50239292
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
I am planning on ordering a case (36 per case) of candles on line. Does anyone else want a case? We could split the shipping costs.
Amanda C.
user 46193852
Madison, WI
I bought some of these but have not tried them yet.
http://www.dollartree...­