|Sent on:||Monday, February 11, 2013 4:06 PM|
----- Original Message -----
From: Gary Zenker
Sent: 02/11/13 02:17 PM
To: [address removed]
Subject: [Main-Line-Write] Main LIne Writers Book Update
I wanted to give you a fast update on submissions to date for the Voice of the Main Line Writers (or whatever the real title may be) book project:
Zilch. Zero. Nada. Nothing. No submissions to date. Actually that doesn't surprise us as it is only two weeks into the two months submission period. We expected that the group would need a small nudge. A tiny push. A gentle shove. A kick in the butt. Some blood letting. A huge block of dynam....a reminder. So this is your reminder.
We want to encourage you to make your submission earlier rather than at the last minute during the submission cycle. Here's why:
- Your submission encourages other people to do the same. Just the way we encourage each other through success stories at meetings, your submission will motivate others. LOTS of submissions will embarrass others over their lack of action and they will feel the pressure to submit. Or leave the country. But hey, that's their choice.
- A book publication wll look GREAT on your list of accomplishments and is a great topic for high school and college reunions. What the hell did those other people do? Run a non-profit that helped thousands of people to live better lives? Run a billion dollar company into the ground? Your published piece is what they will all be talking about until the next reunion. That, and the fact that Joe Betsie made the change to Betsy Joe.
- It gives your parents something to brag about. Even if you ARE an astro-physicist, Mom and Dad would really love to brag to their friends that you are a published author (or have been published yet again). Let's face it, it's just easier to explain that than what you do in the rest of your work life. And if your parents are no longer around, you should know that there is a speciual reading room "up there" where loved ones can see your work. It's the original "cloud storage" for information.
- I will write shorter emails in the future. Ok, it's no real guarantee on that, but think of it like the promise that public radio will cut their pledge "begging days" short if they reach their goal early. It could happen, right?
Convinced? Great. Here's a reminder of what you need to do to submit:
- Download the three PDF documents for submission guidelines and formatting details: http://www.mainlinewritersgroup.com/#!bookupdate/c132h
- Create a new Submittable account (for free) using your gmail alias: https://mainlinewritersgroup.submittable.com/submit/2a85a580-5476-4fc0-96f1-2a88740281ef
- Then go to the Main Line Writers Group Submittable page and submit your work with the correct reading fee (flash fiction has the poetry reading fee): https://mainlinewritersgroup.submittable.com/submit
That's it. Take a nap. Get to work on your novel. Tease the others at the meeting.
Any other questions? Write me: [address removed]
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Gary Zenker ([address removed]) from Main Line Writers.
To learn more about Gary Zenker, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe from special announcements from your Organizer(s), click here
Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]