|Sent on:||Monday, February 24, 2014 1:16 PM|
At the February meeting, I announced the official launch plans for the Main Line Writers Group blog and had the first people interested signing up to participate. Here are the details and your opportunity to participate!
If you are interested, please send me an email on or before 3/3/14! And please read the entire email for the way that the blog participation will work. Thanks!
GUIDELINES FOR THE MAIN LINE WRITERS GROUP BLOG
The Purpose: The Blog is to serve as a tool to help members of the group hone their skills and find an additional audience for their collective work by leveraging off the borrowed interest of those interested in your peers’ work.
Group members are invited to participate in the blog both as an author and as a reviewer of other authors’ works.
Blog posts are assigned and scheduled in advance to allow each Author to get feedback and modify their work to make it the best it can be.
Remember that the Blog represents the collective work of the group and your work as an individual. It benefits everyone to have polished, well-constructed pieces to post.
Author retains all rights to pieces. Pieces may be previously published so long as author retains rights to republish them.
The goal is to have consistent postings from a variety of authors, thus the reason for creating a posting calendar. Some authors will wish to be published more often and I will create a schedule that accommodates those desires.
• Author signs up with Group Leader Gary Zenker to participate.
• Author agrees to both submit their work and review peer work to prepare it for publication
• Author is assigned a date for their piece to be published and for their peer review responsibilities (2 pieces to review for every piece they schedule to publish).
• Two weeks in advance of publication date, Author submits his/her piece to reviewers assigned.
• Reviewers take 5 days maximum to review piece and offer comments
• Author makes adjustments as necessary and resubmits to peer reviewers
• Reviewers quickly review and offer any additional comments
• Author makes adjustments as necessary and posts to blog on assigned day.
• Authors only post on their assigned dates. Author may sign up for a posting schedule that suits their needs (once a month or once a year as desired)
• Your goal is to ensure that the piece is ready for publication. That does not mean it needs to be PERFECT. It does mean that it should be free of glaring flaws and should be interesting to read.
• As a reviewer, you should not be imposing your voice or personal style on the piece. This is the work of a different author. Your goal is to transparently help them with their work.
• Start by assuming the piece is correct. Look for the elements which interfere with the reading or are inconsistent and need to be fixed.
• You have a big responsibility and a challenging one. Treat it as you would want others to work with your piece.
• If you need to recuse yourself from the piece, please make arrangements yourself to switch with another reviewer. DO NOT drop the ball.
Any Authors not following the process are subject to their post being removed and blogging privileges revoked.
Schedule will be published after I get responses and create it.
Questions: [address removed] or 610.883.2346.