Main Line Writers Message Board › Saturday book signing, closed submissions for Voices

Saturday book signing, closed submissions for Voices

Gary Z.
GaryZenker
Group Organizer
West Chester, PA
Hello Main Line Writers.
Just a reminder that the West Chester Public Library at 415 N Church Street will be hosting a block party this Saturday, June 8th. From 10 am - 2 pm a number of local authors will be signing books and local presses will be there as well. This includes past presenters Bruce Mowday and Scott Pruden, as well as our own Tony Conaway, among others! A few writers from the Main Line Writers Group and the Brandywine Valley Writers Group will be there promoting their work. I will also be there with my son Seth signing our newly published Says Seth: Life Observations from a six year old perspective. My table will also be promoting The Main Line Writers Group with a large banner and postcards. I would love to see you there! If you'd like to help promote the group while there for any time at all, even better!
We've closed submissions for Voices of the Main Line Writers as of May 31st. If you submitted, give the editors 45 days and you'll be hearing back. I don't have a final count but I know we received over 34 submissions, many in the last week. That's great! We'll move to the next stages as we plan how to prep the accepted stories for publication.
July's meeting is a Self Publishing Panel discussion. This should be interesting to everyone who is considering self publishing or has already self-published. You can find the program description in the Meet-up summary for the month. This is not a "should I or shouldn't I" session but one which covers many of the things you need to consider or do once you commit. And content-wise, it is different from any of the other panel discussions you might have attended from either the BVWG or the MLWG. Even if you have attended those, you will want to attend this one!
Please note that for this meeting only, the meeting date has been moved to the fourth Wednesday of July.
As usual, any questions, please write or call.
Gary Zenker - garyzenker@aol.com  610.883.2346