Main Line Writers Message Board › FIRST EVER Main Line Writers Group WRITING SESSION

FIRST EVER Main Line Writers Group WRITING SESSION

Gary Z.
GaryZenker
Group Organizer
West Chester, PA
Hello Writers!
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE!
This message is going to a select group of you who have signed up for this special event but are not yet a paid member of the Main Line Writers Group. It could be that you have not yet attended a programming or critique meeting. Or it may be the case that you have in the past but haven't yet gotten around to paying your membership.
We offer people free attendance at a meeting as a sample for you to discover if the group is a fit for you. If you look through the regular monthly meetings on the Meetup site (http://www.meetup.com...­, you will see that we offer a critique session (like this month, this upcoming Wednesday) alternating with guest presenters covering a variety of topics important to writers (next month).
This special writing session is a first for the group and a test for interest in additional programming of this type. In the announcement emails, I noted that it is being offered to paid members only. You signed up for the session but are not yet a paid member. If you want to attend (and I hope you do), you will need to become a paid member. You can do this online from the Meetup site, at the regular meeting this upcoming wednesday or prior to the start of the meeting on May 5.
If you are new to the group, you may or may not have read the details on the event description. Of primary importance: you are responsible for buying your meal that evening. We are very lucky to get a great room to use. At Michael's, you get get a nice meal for just about $10. Private rooms like ours with AV capabilities can cost $150-$250 in hotels with no food included. Some restaurants in the King of Prussia area require people spent nearly $25 on their meal and want guarantees of 25-40 people.
You can imagine what I would have to charge for meetings if we had to pay that kind of price to use rooms for each meeting, and that is only one of the cost involved with running the group. As it is, a reasonably priced meal is a good deal for everyone. There are no exceptions to this expectation.
I hope you still want to attend. If not, please use the Meetup RSVP system to remove yourself from attending the meeting. Name tags and printing add to the cost of each session, and I hate wasting money unnecessarily on materials for people who are not attending, especially if they knew ahead of time they would not be going.
Thanks! I hoep to see you there and look forward to your coniued involvement with the group.
Gary Zenker