June 30, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Learn directly from an Android developer what it takes to develop apps on the Google Android mobile platform.
The talk will introduce Android and cover topics including:
- Android SDK and tools from Google
- Integration with Eclipse & other IDEs
- "Hello World" - demo of the code needed
- Screen layouts
- Activity lifecycle (On-conditions)
- Emulator - phone/tablet emulation
- Setting up to become an Android developer
There will be an opportunity to ask questions and discuss your ideas afterwards.
RSVP is essential so we can ensure we have enough seating for everyone. Please arrive anytime from 6:30pm onwards. We will be starting at 7:00pm sharp.
There will be a cover charge of $15 per head if you aren't a financial Make-Create member. If you're interested in becoming a financial member of Make-Create, head over to our website <www.make-create.org> and submit a membership enquiry.
We'll be doing our usual (optional) pizza order for $10 per head.