- We need to run some Facebook advertising to let people know about the group. (I'm happy to pay for that as we want to get as much expertise in the group as possible.)
- The next group we could each pitch ideas and gauge (show of hands) the level of interest from the group, then consider workloads, tools and materials needed for each idea. One idea (hopefully) will fit the group well. It's perfectly OK to pitch ideas from MAKE magazine.
- With a Meta goal of doubling the OC Maker Faire attendance, we need to have a Google Hangout to brainstorm that. It's basically a marketing challenge and we discussed things like the Burning Man email list. Maybe the main Maker Faire could also announce it, maybe local universities could announce it. We can also tweet and do social marketing on Facebook. We could make flyers for the hobby/tool shops in the area etc.
0 · March 7
- We should think hard about sponsorships for the OC Maker Faire as that's where your bigger marketing dollars come from. (Billboards/TV advertising.)
- We could consider a silent auction as this is a non-profit. There are organizations we might be able to use for that. We could also add cool 3D printed sculptures, ShopBot furniture etc. (More marketing money.)
- We should work out what instructors we have. Who can teach what to the group, and when? (ShopBot / Welding / 3D Printing / Laser Cutting / Robotics / Arduino Building / Pancake making etc.) That would begin a calendar.
- Once we get everything running smoothly (attendance up) we can invite people like Chris Anderson (Maker Book) to come and speak to the group.
- What have I missed?
1 · March 7
(I mentioned this at the meetup) -- upcoming2013 SoCal Camp Shopbot...
Saturday Apr 6 in Upland, CA
Details at http://www.talkshopbot.com/foru...
RSVP to [masked]
I've been to one a couple of years back -- it's a good chance to meet other SoCal Shopbot owners and hear about what they've been doing with their ShopBots
1 · March 8
Just some notes... Future OC Make Meeting Ideas
- Need to get decent name badges (including symbols like "electronics", "programming", "artistic" etc.) Maybe symbol fills up based on your experience level? We need an artist in the group that can design and make them.
- Need everyone to put clear photos (not your cat) in the meet-up group and update their bios. (So we can get to know you and manage growth better.)
- Need to have a small voluntary fund to cover pizza, drinks, BEER? I'm happy to initially seed-fund this, but we need a volunteer that has time to make sure there are food/drinks at each event.
- We need to choose spaces with chairs or beanbags and the bigger the white board, the better. I have a portable projector if that's needed.
- We need a Google discussion group started/managed and use it for hangouts. Someone needs to take point on that.
Note: ran out of posing space... will break up this post...
0 · March 7
Parking fee ok. I live near Orange Circle. Willing to carpool to save. Anyone up for that?
1 · February 10
Parking fee OK with me
1 · February 8