addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Make and Do Message Board › What shall we do at the November Craft Mashup?

What shall we do at the November Craft Mashup?

Kateboo
Kateboo
Group Organizer
London, GB
Hey Craftsters,

I've just looked at my diary and realised there's no way I can schedule a mashup in October (changing jobs, attending London Screenwriters' Festival etc.) so sorry about that!

I thought I'd take this opportunity to ask you what kinds of crafts you'd like to try out in November and whether you prefer to meet on Tuesday evening or Saturday afternoon.

Please go to the message board to respond to this email: http://www.meetup.com...­

To start us off, here are a few things we could do in November:

Christmas cards
Freedrawing => punk stitching
Winter solstice decorations
Fabric painting
Gift boxes and wrappers

what do you think...?

Tuesday or Saturday...?
A former member
Post #: 8
Hi Kate,

I would really like to try some crochet at the next mashup.

Tuesday or Saturday doesn't really matter to me until I know the date as I work shifts. Hopefully whatever day you choose I will be on a rest day or an early shift :)
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd like to try making some Christmas cards. Either tuesday or saturday fine for me.
A former member
Post #: 5
I like the idea of doing something Christmassy - either cards or gift boxes / wrap.
Saturdays are better for me unless we can meet in South London (west London too far to get home from on a weeknight)

Cheers!
Emma.
Rebecca
user 11175874
London, GB
Hi!
Tuesday evenings suit me much better!
I quite fancy the gift boxes and wrappers and the winter solstice decorations!
Rebecca x
A former member
i need to create 23 name cards for my office xmas party this is the fourth one and every year i do something different the expectation is getting higher i want to do something even better this year so if anyone can help or suggest a good technique for this
A former member
I agree with the ladies, that doing something to fit the season would be fun and useful too. Both Tuesday or Saturdays work for me.
A former member
Hello!

Saturday better but can be flexible. I'd love to do something with fabric or learn to crochet.
Lauren H.
user 11907472
London, GB
In the spirit of doing something nice for others at Christmas, I'd like to suggest we make cards for kids with serious illness through PostPals (www.postpals.co.uk). On their website they list kids who have signed up with them, and they things they're currently into. I'd be happy to take on posting the cards we create!