This month we will again be doing a project night. Following the tradition of the Boston Python Meetup's Python Project Night. We will assemble at 8pm and then break into groups to learn, practice, or hack depending on the mood of the night.
Project Suggestions this month:
• Commuter calculator - If I'm here and now, which mode of transportation should I take?
• Wheel of Projects - pick random projects for future months
You should bring a laptop, something to hack on, and a willingness to share your Python skills.
We'll be meeting to discuss Python and all things Pythonic.
Doors will open at 7pm event starts at 8pm. The workshop will not be open for soldering as part of this event.
Each month for the Python Special Interest group meetup we will have two talks, one about a "pure Python" topic, a library or technique, a speaker or discussion depending what there is interest in and a second "hackerspace Python" topic with Python used to control a device or used in some sort of hacker device, or some MakerBar project that would seem particularly interesting to this group.
* Talk about a piece of Python software, either the speaker's own or something from the community.
* Talk about a talk, represent or critique some talk given by another speaker, keynotes are good for this.
* Ask for help, bring some code that we can do a group code review on.
* Lead a discussion, tell us what's on your mind and we'll have a little chat about it, our meeting table is a big whiteboard so a big mind-map is a pretty cool option.
The MakerBar Python Special Interest Group is Sponsored by Risk Focus Inc. http://www.riskfocus.com/