This workshop will cover the basic use of a Raspberry Pi similar to our basic Arduino Workshops. We will cover:
- Setting up a Raspberry Pi with Raspian (as needed)
- Exploring Python on the Pi with IPython
- Debugging in Python on the Raspberry Pi
- Embedded system design
- Interfacing to the Raspberry Pi's IO pins
- Automatically starting a python script when the Raspberry Pi boots
- Additional topics TDB
This is basically the Raspberry Pi equivalent of a basic Arduino class. It is recommended but not required that you complete up to Lesson 20 in Learn Python the Hard Way or equivalent.
Cost is $50 + $15 materials, but only $25 + $15 if you've taken another class this month.
You must bring your own Pi or arrange for us to order one for you.