Whoa nelly! We have not one, not two, but FOUR new kits for you to sink your teeth into! Our qualified and highly awesome members teach you to solder as you build something amazing and usable. No skill necessary for most of these kits - just bring an open mind and a reasonably steady hand.
- NEW! Velleman Electronic Dice - Roll the virtual knucklebones with this sweet introductory soldering kit! Build a working six-sided electronic die that's likely more precise than the real one!
- NEW! Velleman Brain Game - It's Simon, except you learn to solder while you build it! Solder in buttons, LED's, and microcontrollers, and even hook up your headphones for bleepy, bloopy audio action. Nothing is as cool as playing a game you just built!
- NEW! Adafruit Drawdio - It's a pencil that plays music as you draw with it! Turn your lines into notes and your pictures into chords as you doodle with sound. Easy to solder, amazingly fun to play with.
- NEW! Adafruit POV Toy - Looks like a row of blinky LED's, but wave it around and holy cow, you can see words floating in midair! How does it work? Persistence of Vision combined with the microcontroller from an Arduino! Why does it work? Because you soldered it!
- XProtoLab by Gabotronics - It's a tiny oscilloscope that's smaller than an iPod Nano. Let that sink in for a second. This is a functioning oscilloscope/function generator/logic analyzer/protocol sniffer/signal injector that can fit inside a matchbox while leaving room for the matches. Extraordinarily difficult surface-mount soldering - are you man enough
- BristleBot by Zack and Andy - This little vibrating robot scurries about on a decapitated toothbrush, bumbling through the world on its jittery journey. This kit doesn't involve a lot of soldering, but it brings a whole lot of personality.
- Mini Flashlight by Andy - This ludicrously bright flashlight will last, for all intents and purposes, forever. You can assemble it in 15 minutes. You can even attach it to your keyring. What do you have to lose?
Already know how to solder? Awesome! Bring whatever you're working on, or help a member repair a 3D printer or recalibrate their UAV, or just hang out!