addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Malmö Bitcoin Users Message Board › KMC Miner

KMC Miner

Richard M.
RichardMyers
Group Organizer
Malmö, SE
Post #: 2
Sweden has joined the US and China as hosts to a company that has proposed to build an ASIC mining device. For that reason I thought a discussion of the risks and advantages of ordering one of their devices would be appropriate here.

They are doing an open house in Stockholm for people to meet their engineers and hear more about the design. If we have anyone here with ASIC knowledge this is a good opportunity to find out more.

-- Richard
Marc L.
user 88693752
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Main risk I see is similar to other "well-known" manufacturers that they are out to make truck load of money and will fail to deliver as per schedule which subsequently renders their equipment less useful than originally anticipated due to the network hash rate increasing and difficulty level increasing along the way.

I would be very interested in looking into this project, an ASIC miner from Sweden... pretty cool. I do not have the appriopriate engineering background to ask the right questions about their design though.
alexandru
user 184457108
Malmö, SE
Post #: 1
I think an ASIC from Sweden would be good, what i learned in one year here is that punctuality its something real here as i didn't saw anywhere else, i don't think that if is made will end up like the butterfly labs thing.
Richard M.
RichardMyers
Group Organizer
Malmö, SE
Post #: 5
This is old news now, the mining field changes rapidly. KNC has stopped selling miners to individuals and only sells cloud mining.