Mamadou has been teaching African drum in the North Shore area for over 10 years. He has an inherent talent for sharing his abilities with others. Let him teach you how to feel the rhythms of West Africa. Plus, its a lot of fun :)
What the experience of drumming offers:
* A peak experience that bonds all who share it
* An atmosphere of truth, support, and harmony
* Techniques to reduce tension, worry, and stress
* A tribal celebration in an indigenous tradition
* Open heart and mind to awareness of spirit.
Mamadou teaches the importance of the drum in the African culture to the community as a mode of communication and in the daily life.
West african drumming is not just music, but an experience of the heart, mind, and spirit. It evokes self-discovery, spiritual renewal, joy for life, and a deep sense of community.
Each class is $10 per person.