|Sent on:||Monday, August 15, 2011 5:21 PM|
After discission with other volleyball members and learning that most outdoor leagues are ending in Octoboer, we have updated dates for our fall league.
Here would be the highlights:
• 12 Teams playing 4’s Co-Ed (2 men, 2 women) 2 six team divisions. Double headers every week.
• $275 per team for 10 weeks (3 week playoff, 5 week round robin, 2 week interdivisional)
• ****Deadline is 9/15/2011****
• Sunday nights 5:00-10ish pm (game times 5:20 6:20, 7:20, 8:20, )
• Starting Sunday 10/16/2011
• BB skill levels (see note below)
• Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places plus additional prizes for other various finishes
Weeks 1-5 (10/16/2011 to 11/20/2011) will be round robin play within your division ***no matches on 10/30/2011***
Weeks 6-7 (12/4/2011 and 12/11/2011) will be interdivisional play
Weeks 8-10 ( 01/08/2012 to 01/22/2011) will be a two tier playoff
We're looking for 12 team captains to sign up their respective teams for BB level competition. This time around we'll only register FULL teams. If you're an individual, please use the Meetup Message boards to find respective teammates.
About BB level play
1. You physically are able to play at a BB level right now.
2. You play solid defense and offense or are a specialist (libero, setter or hitter).
3. You KNOW and PLAY a 5-1 or 6-2 offensive rotation. Fast tempo or optional plays are likely!
4. You KNOW and PLAY solid court coverage. BB players are more than solid passers and hitters. They have exceptional ball control on defense and offense. They block and run optional plays effectively. Physically, they can jump higher than the net and when necessary they can put the ball down to gain the point. BB level players are the high end of advanced players. (A to AA player are elite.)