October 6, 2013 · 10:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
We'll be riding about 48 miles, 90% on dirt, and a few single tracks, all of which are bike legal. Elevation gain will be around 10K feet. Depending on the group it can take 6-9 hours. Here's the route on a map and in words:
* Up Old Railroad Grade to East Peak (fill up water)
* Road down to Mountain Top Trail
* Right on Rock Springs
* Left on Laurel Dell
* Right on Ridgecrest (road)
* Straight to Bolinas Ridge (fire road)
* Left on McCurdy Trail (single track)
* Across the 1 to Southern Pt Reyes (single track)
* Right to Randall trail (fire road)
* Left on Bolinas Ridge (fire road)
* Right down Shafter trail (fire road)
* Up the dam to San Geronimo Ridge (fire road)
* Through Camp Tamarancho (single track, we can hit Endor if we feel up to it)
* A short amount of road riding in Fairfax
* Deer Park to Lake Lagunitas
* Eldridge Grade to Indian Fire Trail
* Blithedale (Roller coaster) Ridge back to start
This not a ride for the casual mountain biker! While I wouldn't drop anyone, I would expect all riders to know how to get home if they need to drop out themselves. Everyone needs to have helmets and any other protective gear (I strongly recommend leg covering through Pt Reyes because it can be quite overgrown. Also, make sure to bring large hydration packs. You can fill up at Mt Tam but afterwards there aren't any refilling stops before Fairfax. Also, clif bars, shots, whatever nutrition you might need is your responsibility. Finally, long rides like this can stretch into the night, so bring lights just in case.
Rain cancels. We will leave at 10:30am sharp. There should be enough parking on Blithedale Ave near the trailhead, although it can get filled up on a Sunday.
Read the rider's responsibility and liability statement below. By RSVP'ing yes to the ride, you agree that you have read it and agree to its terms.