Jul 12, 2014 · 11:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
**The winner, most definitely, was Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?**
I figured if I schedule a book club FAR in advance, I have a chance of having the book read in time! Dean and DeLuca in Georgetown is great because they have different options for everyone, and there's a large patio on the side where we can grab seating. Let's meet at 11:30, grab food and a table and discuss... which book?
I leave it up to you! Here's a few suggestions of popular book options. You can vote, or suggest something I didn't list! Here they are, a selection of Book club favorites and suggestions from online, listed by "type" with overall rating from Amazon readers, and a link to the description and reviews
1. A humerous option: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? 4.5 stars http://www.amazon.com/dp/0307886271/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1OWF4BKCWF5BN&coliid=I1LG4ZXDH7LGUB
2. A "Chick-lit" option: Where We Belong - 4.5 stars http://www.amazon.com/dp/0312554184/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1OWF4BKCWF5BN&coliid=I1D4B73B46DFUT
3. Afterwards Café Pick: Neither Here nor There: Travels in Europe - 4 stars http://www.amazon.com/dp/0380713802/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1OWF4BKCWF5BN&coliid=I1OA7DOG3AV77U
4. Our "Serious" option: Cutting for Stone - 4.5 stars http://www.amazon.com/dp/0375714367/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1OWF4BKCWF5BN&coliid=I2VMGVJUUEVMC6
5. A "D.C." option: This Town: Two Parties and a Funeral—Plus, Plenty of Valet Parking!—in America's Gilded Capital - 3.5 stars http://www.amazon.com/dp/0399161309/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1OWF4BKCWF5BN&coliid=I1YHENIM6WU54I
I'll leave it open for a couple weeks, and then we'll all start trying to read the book!